This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 4:03 AM by 960674 RSS

Problem in navigation while using Form Alert

960674 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I've created a form,where i used a Alert in trigger for some text item. If users puts wrong information in text item alerts get populated.
Now i need to allow user if he clicks OK he can modify the text item without clicking a mouse into the text item.

Here am facing the problem whenever i click on OK button the cursor gets vanished and i have to manually clicks the mouse to the text item for modifications.

Please help me...
  • 1. Re: Problem in navigation while using Form Alert
    Prabodh Guru
    Hi,
    I've created a form,where i used a Alert in trigger for some text item. If users puts wrong information in text item alerts get populated.
    Now i need to allow user if he clicks OK he can modify the text item without clicking a mouse into the text item.

Here am facing the problem whenever i click on OK button the cursor gets vanished and i have to manually clicks the mouse to the text item for modifications.>
    Forms Version?
    Did you try GO_ITEM, after the Alert, to set focus on the item?

Cheers,
  • 2. Re: Problem in navigation while using Form Alert
    tony.g Journeyer
    Is also depends what trigger you are doing the validation in.

If you are using a when-validate-item field level trigger then you should automatically have focus in the correct trigger.

rgds
    Tony
  • 3. Re: Problem in navigation while using Form Alert
    960674 Newbie
    Hello Prabodh,

I am using the forms 10g. I've tried (GO_ITEM,:SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM)

I've created a alert, am handling it in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM(AM USING TEXT ITEM AS CHAR) but whenever the alert pops out for the first time when i click on OK it disappear the cursor, but if i tried to go to some other field alert gets fired and this time if i click on OK it automatically goes to the SAME textitem.
    (PLEASE HELP ME)

thanks for REPLY.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points