This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 5:29 AM by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler RSS

Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool

user99472 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Grid 12c 12.1.0.2

I am installing grid 12c using the latest instructions and S/W (12.1.0.2).

I installed the 11.2.0.3 DB S/W and then installed the 12c "Seed" DB from this URL:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/enterprise-manager/downloads/db-templates-1841012.html (11.2.0.3 DB Template for Linux x86-64)

I am now moving through this manual:

Oracle® Enterprise Manager
Cloud Control Basic Installation Guide
12c Release 2 (12.1.0.2)
E22624-15

... section 6.4.1 where it talks about the "emprereqkit" utility.

So, I configured this utility and ran it and it seems to be failing on issues that are specifically created by the seed DB. Here are the failure issues:

1-Prerequisite Recommendation = Disable the stats gathering job
--
2-Prerequisite Recommendation = SYSMAN schema should be absent before installing
--
3-Prerequisite Recommendation = Remove the public synonyms
--
4-Prerequisite Recommendation = Remove the mgmt tablespaces
--
5-Prerequisite Recommendation = Remove the EM schemas
--
6-Prerequisite Recommendation = Remove the schema_version_registry table entries
--
7-Prerequisite Recommendation = The processes instance parameter needs to be set to at least 600.
--
8-Prerequisite Recommendation = Oracle recommends setting either memory_target (AMM) or sga_target (ASMM) to manage the EM repository instance memory.
--
9-Prerequisite Recommendation = The shared_pool_size instance parameter should be set to at least 600000000 bytes or roughly one third of the sga_target size.
--
10-Prerequisite Recommendation = The size of the EM database instance should be 600000000 bytes or greater. Generally, there should be 3 or more redo logs available of this size.

======================

1,7 - got it, no problem (although it isn't clear why automatic stats are turned off)

2-6, not sure what to do here since this came with the seed DB

8,9,10 - I have max_memory_target and sga_max_size set to 8G and AMM seems to be OK.

10 - the redologs are 100m - I can bump them if need be but if I don't set them to 600M will the 12c install fail?

======================

Any advice on what to do for 2-6 and 8-10 would be helpful (or where I can find more details about these requirements and how to fix them).

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    OK, I found the details for the pre-reqs failures (DOH! in the same document).

But still, what is the point for having a "seed" DB when you have to then go back and fix a bunch of stuff? Why not just start with a blank DB and then load everything?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
  • 2. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    Akanksha Sheoran Kaler Pro
    Hi, this is interesting so let me see if i understood the steps executed by you in correct order:

a) You install/configure the db using the db templates from OTN
    b) You run the em pre-req kit and it throws you some pre-req failures
    c) At this time you haven’t executed the EM installer at all

If the above steps are true then your question is valid why does pre-req utility complains about db parameter when its created from oracle published DB templates?
    Let me check with our internal teams and get back to you.
  • 3. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    That is correct. Here are the details again for clarity:

1) Download and install S/W only Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.3) from patch 10404530

2) Download and install Seed DB file DB11.2.0.3_EM_seed_database_linux64.zip from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/enterprise-manager/downloads/db-templates-1841012.html

3) Download 12c S/W from the E-Delivery site:

Group = Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (12.1.0.2) Media Pack for Linux x86-64
    Part # B70245-01

Files = Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (12.1.0.2), Plug-ins for Linux x86-64
    Disks/Files 1,2,3
    Part #s V34409-01, V34410-01, V34410-01

4) Follow instructions on how to run the emprereqkit tool using the seed DB

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    To answer your last question.

At the very start of this task, before doing anything, I did run the EM 12c installer to see how far I would get. I then realized that I needed a DB for the repository so I stopped that install and proceded down my current path.

Thanks
  • 5. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    Here's an update:

I pressed on with the 12c install just to see what would happen and it only complained about AMM and the redo log file size (saying that this might cause performance issues) which I didn't fix.

It then failed at the "Plugins Deployment and Configuration" with this error message for starters:

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.sysman.emas:12.1.0.3.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.sysman.emas:12.1.0.3.0:0: XML file /u03/app/oracle/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.emas.oms.plugin_12.1.0.3.0/metadata/derivedAssocs/coherence_cache_node.xml does not comply to XSD oracle/sysman/emSDK/core/derivedAssocs/rules.xsd Error during validation is Line number: -1 Column number: -1 Message: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'file:/u03/app/oracle/middleware/plugins/tmp/derivedAssocs/internal_addon/rules.xsd_internal_addon', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support

Perhaps the emprereqkit is the wrong version.

Regardless, I am now at a loss for how to proceed.
  • 6. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    OK, well, I am still not sure what caused the emprereqkit failures but I think my other errors are caused by an incorrect ulimit -n setting since I recieved some "too many open files" errors.

I am running the installer via X11 port forwarding and it has a quirk where it can't change the ulimit values. I didn't think it would be an issue during the install so I ignored it.

So, I am going to start over and just not run the emprereqkit tool and hope for the best.

Thanks
  • 7. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    OK, I know how to fix my ulimit -n (open files) issue so I have two choices:

1) Delete and reinstall everything
    2) Try to restart the current install

I got to the point where this message was displayed:

Configuration assistant "Plugins Deployment and Configuration" has Failed.

Is there some way to restart the failed install? Should I open a separate message for that?

Thanks
  • 8. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    974752 Newbie
    fresh install EM Cloud Control 12c R2 (12.1.0.2)
    using DB11.2.0.3_EM_seed_database_sol64 template for DB

i fixed all pre-reqs.

Installation has failed on step 12 of 13 (66%)
    Plugins Deployment and Configuration

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:COMMAND: /u01/middleware/oms/bin/pluginca -oracleHome /u01/middleware/oms -middlewareHome /u01/middleware -action deploy -plugins oracle.sysman.db=12.1.0.2.0,oracle.sysman.xa=12.1.0.3.0,oracle.sysman.emas=12.1 .0.3.0,oracle.sysman.mos=12.1.0.2.0,oracle.em.satc=12.1.0.1.0,oracle.em.soee=12. 1.0.1.0,oracle.sysman.emct=12.1.0.3.0,oracle.sysman.ssa=12.1.0.4.0,oracle.em.seh c=12.1.0.2.0,oracle.sysman.emfa=12.1.0.3.0,oracle.sysman.vt=12.1.0.3.0,

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.sysman.emas:12.1.0.3.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.sysman.emas:12.1.0.3.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.emas.oms.plugin_12.1.0.3.0/metadata/ccs/bi_instance_ccs_metadata.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: ECM CCS Metadata Registration Id: ECMCCSmetadata Parser class: oracle.sysman.core.config.ecm.snapshot.EMSDKCCSMetadata XSD name: oracle/sysman/emSDK/core/config/ecm/snapshot/CCSmetadata.xsd Jar file locations: Plugin XML Location: ccs SDK Level: partner Description: Parser for CCS metadata Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 600 SubSystemId: Config InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is Target type oracle_bi_instance is not found.. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.sysman.db:12.1.0.2.0:20120804 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.sysman.db:12.1.0.2.0:20120804: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.db.oms.plugin_12.1.0.2.0/metadata/security/SecurityClass/sbrm_backup_config.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Security Class Registration Id: SecurityClassManager Parser class: oracle.sysman.core.sec.authz.EMSecurityClassRegistration XSD name: oracle/sysman/emSDK/core/sec/authz/SecurityClassManager.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emCORE.jar: Plugin XML Location: security/SecurityClass SDK Level: partner Description: Parser for security class registration Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 500 SubSystemId: Security InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is oracle.sysman.emSDK.core.extensibility.metadata.EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20233: Table does not exists :sysman.DB_HA_CONFIG
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_CHECK", line 28
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_CHECK", line 725
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_USER_MODEL", line 206
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_USER", line 6031
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at line 1
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.em.soee:12.1.0.1.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.em.soee:12.1.0.1.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.soee.oms.plugin_12.1.0.1.0/metadata/targetType/oracle_eci.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Storing Target Type Files Id: storeTargetType Parser class: oracle.sysman.emdrep.registry.typeRegistry.StoreTargetTypeXML XSD name: TargetMetadata.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar: Plugin XML Location: targetType SDK Level: partner Description: Storing target type metadata files Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 700 SubSystemId: Target InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is Exception happened while storing a file: /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.soee.oms.plugin_12.1.0.1.0/metadata/targetType/oracle_eci.xml. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.em.sehc:12.1.0.2.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.em.sehc:12.1.0.2.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.sehc.oms.plugin_12.1.0.2.0/metadata/targetType/oracle_exadata_hc.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Storing Target Type Files Id: storeTargetType Parser class: oracle.sysman.emdrep.registry.typeRegistry.StoreTargetTypeXML XSD name: TargetMetadata.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar: Plugin XML Location: targetType SDK Level: partner Description: Storing target type metadata files Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 700 SubSystemId: Target InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is Exception happened while storing a file: /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.sehc.oms.plugin_12.1.0.2.0/metadata/targetType/oracle_exadata_hc.xml. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.sysman.emct:12.1.0.3.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.sysman.emct:12.1.0.3.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.emct.oms.plugin_12.1.0.3.0/metadata/security/SecurityClass/chargeback_consolidation_security_class.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Security Class Registration Id: SecurityClassManager Parser class: oracle.sysman.core.sec.authz.EMSecurityClassRegistration XSD name: oracle/sysman/emSDK/core/sec/authz/SecurityClassManager.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emCORE.jar: Plugin XML Location: security/SecurityClass SDK Level: partner Description: Parser for security class registration Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 500 SubSystemId: Security InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is oracle.sysman.emSDK.core.extensibility.metadata.EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20233: Table does not exists :sysman.EMCT_TARGETS
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_CHECK", line 28
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_CHECK", line 725
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EM_USER_MODEL", line 206
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.MGMT_USER", line 6031
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:ORA-06512: at line 1
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.em.satc:12.1.0.1.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.em.satc:12.1.0.1.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.satc.oms.plugin_12.1.0.1.0/metadata/targetType/tomcat.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Storing Target Type Files Id: storeTargetType Parser class: oracle.sysman.emdrep.registry.typeRegistry.StoreTargetTypeXML XSD name: TargetMetadata.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar: Plugin XML Location: targetType SDK Level: partner Description: Storing target type metadata files Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 700 SubSystemId: Target InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is Exception happened while storing a file: /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.em.satc.oms.plugin_12.1.0.1.0/metadata/targetType/tomcat.xml. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:EM-04017: Server side Plug-in deployment failed for plug-in oracle.sysman.vt:12.1.0.3.0:0 with message Error while registering post schema mode meta data for plug-in oracle.sysman.vt:12.1.0.3.0:0: EMMetadataRegistrationFailureException occurred for file /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.vt.oms.plugin_12.1.0.3.0/metadata/targetType/oldVersions/oracle_vm_guest/12.1.0.1.0/oracle_vm_guest.xml MRS EMMetadataServiceInfo: Name: Storing Target Type Files Id: storeTargetType Parser class: oracle.sysman.emdrep.registry.typeRegistry.StoreTargetTypeXML XSD name: TargetMetadata.xsd Jar file locations: sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar: Plugin XML Location: targetType SDK Level: partner Description: Storing target type metadata files Registration mode: POST_REP_SCHEMA Weight: 700 SubSystemId: Target InvokeOnlyForFirstOMS: true Error is Exception happened while storing a file: /u01/middleware/plugins/oracle.sysman.vt.oms.plugin_12.1.0.3.0/metadata/targetType/oldVersions/oracle_vm_guest/12.1.0.1.0/oracle_vm_guest.xml. Plug-in configuration for any dependent plug-ins if any are chosen will also be aborted. Contact Oracle Support
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Performing Midtier update oh prop
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Performing Post config module
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Deployment failed or was not necessary for plugins
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.emas:12.1.0.3.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.db:12.1.0.2.0:20120804
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.xa:12.1.0.3.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.em.soee:12.1.0.1.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.emfa:12.1.0.3.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.em.sehc:12.1.0.2.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.emct:12.1.0.3.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.em.satc:12.1.0.1.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.vt:12.1.0.3.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms: oracle.sysman.ssa:12.1.0.4.0:0
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Invoking post deploy callbacks.
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Completed Deployment
    INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in Plugins Deployment and Configuration has failed its perform method

==============

And now I don't know what to do for further successful installation.
    Pls help!
  • 9. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    For user user11988333 :
    You cannot ignore any pre-req failures while installing EM. Fix your ulimit value or redo log and retry your install. I am not sure where it failed, if it failed at OMCA you can try re-running the OMCA or if you have the OUI installer screen up just click re-try. If you run into any other issues pls log an SR. It will be easy to get more details from you.

To clarify the EM pre-req kit is only for DB related pre-reqs. We do recommend user to run it on db before they start the EM install but all the pre-reqs in this utility are also present in the EM installer.
    I am working with my QA team to re-produce your scenario.

For user Dverkin: Log an SR with oracle support and upload all the logs. I haven’t see this error before so pls pass me the SR number, i will be in touch with support
  • 10. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    Ankanksha, thanks for the reply.

While doing the 12c grid install I recieved these warnings and no others:

) Pre-req Name: Check the memory_target intance parameter value
    Recommendation: Oracle recommends setting either memory_target (AMM) or sga_target (ASMM) to manager the EM repository instance memory.

2) Pre-req Name: Check the shared_pool_size instance parameter value.
    Recommendation: The shared_pool_size instance parameter should be set to at least 300000000 bytes or roughtly one third of the sga_target.

Here are my memory parameters:

memory_max_target 8589934592
    memory_target 8589934592

sga_max_size 8589934592
    sga_target 0

pga_aggregate_target 0

global_context_pool_size
    java_pool_size 0
    large_pool_size 0
    olap_page_pool_size 0
    shared_pool_size 0
    streams_pool_size 0

This seems like the correct settings for AMM so it isn't clear why it is complaining.
  • 11. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    user99472 Newbie
    Here's an update.

I was able to get 12c grid installed w/o issues (so far).
  • 12. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    JaredT Newbie
    I'm glad to see you were able to get it installed. Any updates since installation? I'm also have shared_pool_size = 0, so I'm curious why the installer would complain about proper use of ASMM. I'm reluctant to manually set this if I don't have to.
  • 13. Re: Grid 12c install and the emprereqkit tool
    Hi Jared, the above thread talks about using db template with advance install type and still the installer complaining about the db parameters in the DB. At that time apart from collecting the feedback, i couldn’t do much of root cause analysis of few posts in this thread as i didn’t had any SR number and no logs or further information was shared. Don’t go by the old updates in this thread you can be running into different problem. To help you further and understand your use cases can you explain what did you do ? Did you also follow the same steps? Can you share more details on what exactly what you did and what is installer complaining about? It will be great if you can open an SR for this behavior and upload screenshots/logs

-Akanksha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points