This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 2:01 AM by jiri.machotka RSS

How to get the rendered image on portal.

961127 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi.
I have 2 problems..

(i)I have installed IBR. i have configured UCM with IBR through Provider.
Now i am able to get all the renditions.
But, can some one tell me, how can i get the rendered formats. Through Content ID, i can able to get only the native file. I need to get the rendered image also.
I need to use those rendered format image on portal.

(ii)
how to change the image resolution?
In damconverter_baserenditions.hda file contains those details, I need to change those details like, i need to change the rendition set according to my requirement. I changed that still it is not working. Kindly suggest me something.
  • 1. Re: How to get the rendered image on portal.
    jiri.machotka Guru
    (i)I have installed IBR. i have configured UCM with IBR through Provider.
    Now i am able to get all the renditions.
    But, can some one tell me, how can i get the rendered formats. Through Content ID, i can able to get only the native file. I need to get the rendered image also.
    I need to use those rendered format image on portal.
    If you run a search that return also content items with multiple renditions, you will see a little camera symbol which opens RENDITION_INFO (or just call the service like http://server:port/instance/idcplg?IdcService=RENDITION_INFO&dID=X&dDocName=Y ). This will open the list of available renditions. You may copy the link to the desired rendition. It will look like http://server:port/instance/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=X&dDocName=Y&RevisionSelectionMethod=specific&Rendition=Web&allowInterrupt=1
  • 2. Re: How to get the rendered image on portal.
    961127 Newbie
    hi,,
    Thanks for ur reply..
    I am getting this through getting the property of the image.
    My requirement is that, i need to fecth this image through RIDC on portal application..
    If u know that kindly help me...
  • 3. Re: How to get the rendered image on portal.
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Well, first of all, why through RIDC? If you know Content ID (dDocName), dID (which signifies the revision), and the name of rendition then you can construct the URL and pass it directly to the portal taskflow (if we speak about WebCenter Portal).

If you insist on RIDC (you might need it if you know just one parameter and want to obtain the others), then you may call the relevant service (starting from search, through RENDITION_INFO, finally to GET_FILE if you need the file and not just URL).
  • 4. Re: How to get the rendered image on portal.
    961127 Newbie
    Hi jiri,

Thank u very much for your quicker reply.
    Actuall i am very new for this technology. I can able to get the url directly which contains all the informations which you mentioned. Can you please tell me how to pass this url directly to the Taskflow. I check it with content presenter task flow. I gave this url in datasource section. But it is showing many errors. I May be wrong. Can u please guide me, how to pass this url to task flow?

My another requirement is to Get through RIDC, can u pls provide some link which contains some sample code to implement this?

Thanks,
    Arun...
  • 5. Re: How to get the rendered image on portal.
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Particularly, with Content Presenter it is a bit trickier - if I got it right, it takes a CMIS query (not URL, or RIDC). There is a standard way, how to achieve this through Content Presenter templates. I'd recommend you to get familiar with a chapter in tutorial written by Yannick Ongena. Namely, this one: http://www.yonaweb.be/webcenter_tutorial/using_content_presenter_templates

As for RIDC, there is quite a few samples on the Internet - even in this forum. If you are working with WebCenter Portal I'd not focus on that too much - as long as RIDC connection to UCM works you won't need much of that.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points