2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 11:51 AM by bpm11gnewbie RSS

Validate ADF UI field as per Oracle Business Rules

bpm11gnewbie
      Hi ,

I have a requirement where the relationship between the various data fields are defined in Oracle Business Rule 11g inside BPM Project.I need to call these rules on ADF screens for data population.
      Eg, If there are two fields on ADF UI,field1 and fiedl2.
      Possible combinations of the two field are:
      Field1 Field2
      A B
      C D
      E null

The rules are part of OBPM 11g project as customer can change the rules through composer at run time as per business need.

How can i achieve this requirement.Please help urgent.

Regards...
        • 1. Re: Validate ADF UI field as per Oracle Business Rules
          Daniel Atwood
          I might be the only one, but I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

I understand that you're using ADF and want to invoke a business rule, but you might want to go into a little more detail about your use case. Know this is probably frustrating and again - it might be just me, but I'm finding it tough to understand the business problem you're trying to solve just from the "field1" and "field2" and "A" and "B" in your description.

Thanks,
          Dan
          • 2. Re: Validate ADF UI field as per Oracle Business Rules
            bpm11gnewbie
            Hi Daniel

Lets say i have two attribute 'Product Code' and 'Department id'.The relationship between the two attributes is defined in Oracle Business Rule.
            eg.

If Product Code is '111' then Department is 'Finance'
            If Product Code is '222' then Department is 'Inventory'

The values for each of the attribute is defined in a database
            Product Code Table
            Value Description
            111 SalaryAllowance
            222 Current Stock

Department Table
            Value Description
            Finance Handles Payroll
            Inventory Handles Packaging
            I am displaying these two attribute on the ADF UI as dropdowns. If I select '111' from the product code dropdown then the value in Department dropdown should automatically be set as 'Finance'.I need to trigger the validation/relationship between the attributes from business rules.
            The reason for keeping the relationship in rules is because business wants to change these relationships at run time.

Hope the scenario is clear to you.

Regards...