This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 6:37 AM by Gerrit Haase Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Shrinking a Locally Managed Temporary Tablespace
    Gerrit Haase Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    The way I think has nothing to do with what I see which is that you are an anonymous who isn't telling his name when asked and who is charging me looking in the wrong place, instead of providing useful comments you wasted my time, not to mention that also your own time here was wasted.

What has this to do with the way I think? It is pretty obvious for everyone who reads the above, that you didn't provide any helpful input.

And I wonder what you intent is to spend your time here in this forum and replying to questions where you can not really contribute with useful information.
  • 16. Re: Shrinking a Locally Managed Temporary Tablespace
    EdStevens Guru
    Gerrit Haase wrote:
    The way I think has nothing to do with what I see which is that you are an anonymous who isn't telling his name when asked and who is charging me looking in the wrong place, instead of providing useful comments you wasted my time, not to mention that also your own time here was wasted.

What has this to do with the way I think? It is pretty obvious for everyone who reads the above, that you didn't provide any helpful input.
    Actually, it's pretty obvious to everyone what's going on here . . . 11g has a proven track record in this forum. And Gerrit Haas has ... a developing track record in this forum.

<snip>
  • 17. Re: Shrinking a Locally Managed Temporary Tablespace
    EdStevens Guru
    >
    <snip>
    >
    P.S.: OMG the posting looks terrible, who's the one to blame for this forum software where it is not possible to use fixed size fonts, or format paragraphs as code, or what about the fact that the forum software is using default SQLPlus output as META for some graphical lines?
    OMG, you've been a member of this forum for well over a year and still haven't learned about using the \
     tags to preserve the formatting of your output?

Isn't this the forum for Oracle Database users?

Edited by: Gerrit Haase on 20.11.2012 13:44
  • 18. Re: Shrinking a Locally Managed Temporary Tablespace
    Gerrit Haase Newbie
    Again, again, again, I did, or what is the difference between your select * and my select:

select tablespace_size/1024/1024 "tablespace_size mb"
    , allocated_space/1024/1024 "allocated_space mb"
    , free_space/1024/1024 "free_space mb"
    from dba_temp_free_space
    /

I still find no bug regarding this on MOS, therte is no change in documentation about this not working as documented on windows servers, so I assume I am the only one who runs an oracle database on windows and tries to shrink temp tablespaces?
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points