This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 3:40 AM by 917318 RSS

Modal Page Plug-in

917318 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear APEXers!

I have used plug-in from SkillBuilders website.

This plug-in is about Modal Pop-up Page.
http://skillbuilders.com/webinars/webinar.cfm/53?title=Introducing%20SkillBuilders%20Modal%20Page%20Plug-in

It is working perfect as shown in video.
But I faced some problem.

I have tried to used Modal page for tabular form where I need to use button with "Redirect to page within this Application" instead of "Redirect to URL" as shown in video.

I used "Redirect to page within this Application" because I need to set value from one first page within value to second page.

In the video shown that I can use column link, but I don't have report in first page. So I decided to use button to redirect to second page with a value.
  • 1. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    Mindmap Pro
    Hello,
    I have tried to used Modal page for tabular form where I need to use button with "Redirect to page within this Application" instead of "Redirect >to URL" as shown in video.
    It looks like you are trying to set the Button Action, if so, the button action should be: defined by dynamic Action.

To learn how to pass values to other items please read this:
    http://www.oracle-and-apex.com/apex-url-format/

If the previous tips do not solve your problem, then please reproduce your problem on apex.oracle.com and give us your credentials to fix it for you

Best Regards,
    Fateh
  • 2. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    917318 Newbie
    Thank you!
    It is working!
  • 3. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    917318 Newbie
    I have a question.
    I was trying to create Close button in pop-up modal page.
    It was deleted in the video. What do I need to use javascript or any dynamic action?

Thank you
  • 4. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    917318 Newbie

Edited by: Ryainad on Nov 27, 2012 11:58 AM
  • 5. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    Mindmap Pro
    Hello,

in my case, I close the modal page when the end user clicks Apply Changes button without doing any changes , or when clicking Cancel button. In this case there is no process to be executed consequently the modal page will not Auto Close, and it will go to page 102.

So, I put this code in a DA of the page 102 to be fired on page load, to Auto Close the modal page.... in your case you can execute that code on a button click ...
    parent.$(parent.document).apex_modal_page('close');
    Best Regards,
    Fateh

Edited by: Fateh on Nov 27, 2012 6:47 AM
  • 6. Re: Modal Page Plug-in
    917318 Newbie
    Thank you, that is right! It's working now!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points