1. Is BMQ compatible with Solaris 10 OS?Oracle support certifies a number of platforms and OS versions (through regression tests and so on ...) and those certifications are publicly stated in our our documentation site (url= http://http://docs.oracle.com/).
2. If there is a change in IP address of the server/ the cluster, whatMessageQ as a network application is not aware of the IP addresses: the only exception is a particular SBS feature on OpenVMS only, so irrelevant here. The mechanism which is used is the gethostbyname() (C call) hence the namespace(s) that is/are configured.
will be the impact on BMQ and its processes? What are the corresponding
configurations that need to be changed in BMQ files (which files)? [also
need to check who will perform these changes in the files]
3. Is it possible to run BMQ in a virtual server? Changes that need toAs it is not possible for Oracle to certify each type of emulated Operating System, it has been decided to rely on Emulation vendor responsability: for example, if a software editor claims that his virtual server emulates hardware for Solaris 10, then Oracle MessageQ (or Tuxedo) will be supported on this emulator and any issue that cannot be replicated on real machine will be the responsability of this software vendor.
be made when we move the BMQ from an application server that is
currently physical to a virtual server using flashback mechanism?
4. Is there any dependency on the server IP address and the BUS Id,There is NO dependency on the server address which is always taken from configurated namespace, or on the BUS Id which is designed to allow parallel buses with no communications between them (impermeable or message-tight buses). Applications are not aware of their BUS Id.
Group Id and Group Name configurations of BMQ?
5. What is the current version of BMQ (in support version)?Current version for MessageQ on Unix and Windows platforms is version 5 (and 5.01 for Itanium OpenVMS); the suggested Rolling Patch level is always the highest (each Rolling Patch N+1 includes all the fixes of RP level N).