2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 3:24 AM by Catch-22 RSS

Enable remote destop access

AnkitR Gupta
      hi Guys,
      i am facing issue as follows on oracle linux 6.2 (same on RHEL 6.2 as well):-

1. i have got access to linux machine in command line mode only (using putty).
      2. i have installed VNCserver packages as well
      3.i have started the VNCserver services as well.

is ther any way by which i can see the remote desktop of linux using VNC Viewer.
      Experts please help on this.

Cheers
      Ankit
        • 1. Re: Enable remote destop access
          tbrinkmann
          Hi,
          I´m not really an expert for using x windows as remote desktop but my question is..

What do u really want to do with the remote desktop.

I have ten years experiences of linux administration and I never need to use a remote desktop.

If you want to start xwindows application just connect X via ssh
          #> ssh -X root@myserver
          For a test try
          #>xclock

hope that helps

*T                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: Enable remote destop access
            Catch-22
            I think Re: How to enable clipboard with VNC/Gnome ?? should have some answers for you.