This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 6:56 AM by GarryLawton RSS

Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)

GarryLawton Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,
Oracle BI Publisher 11.1.1.5.0
I am sending the following soap call to the ScheduleService using soapUI

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:v2="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/service/v2">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<v2:scheduleReport>
<v2:scheduleRequest>
<v2:deliveryChannels>
<v2:ftpOptions>
<v2:item>
<v2:ftpServerName>ftpserver</v2:ftpServerName>
<v2:ftpUserName>user</v2:ftpUserName>
<v2:ftpUserPassword>password</v2:ftpUserPassword>
<v2:remoteFile>/SB/xxx.htm</v2:remoteFile>
</v2:item>
</v2:ftpOptions>
</v2:deliveryChannels>
<v2:reportRequest>
<v2:attributeFormat>html</v2:attributeFormat>
<v2:attributeTemplate>PIVOT_REPORT</v2:attributeTemplate>
<v2:reportAbsolutePath>/DBX_GUEST/PIVOT_REPORT_TEMPLATE.xdo</v2:reportAbsolutePath>
</v2:reportRequest>
<v2:userJobName>Job1</v2:userJobName>
</v2:scheduleRequest>
<v2:userID>user</v2:userID>
<v2:password>password</v2:password>
</v2:scheduleReport>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

and I am getting this error

Document delivery failed
[INSTANCE_ID=bip.dbxprts.com.1321164772583] [DELIVERY_ID=1155]Error deliver document to FTP::Exception happened when calling deliver API::Error deliver document to FTP::FILE=[::Exception happened when calling deliver API::java.lang.NullPointerExceptionoracle.xdo.service.delivery.DeliveryException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.xdo.service.delivery.impl.DeliveryServiceImpl.deliverToSFTP(DeliveryServiceImpl.java:646)
at oracle.xdo.enterpriseScheduler.deliv

Looks like a bug but the message is truncated so maybe something meaningfull has been chopped off.

Notes: 1. The error is logged in Report Job History but when I select a failed report and press the send and go buttons the ftp is successfull. 2. It is possible to deliver directly to FTP from the BI User Interface. 3. I can deliver an E-Mail from a soap call.

Can anyone help?

Regards Garry Lawton

Tried WebDAV

Different error:

Document delivery failed
[INSTANCE_ID=bip.dbxprts.com.1321164772583] [DELIVERY_ID=1161]Error deliver document to webDav::Exception happened when calling deliver API::Error deliver document to webDav::nulljava.lang.NullPointerException
at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:188)
at oracle.xdo.enterpriseScheduler.delivery.WebDavProcessor.deliver(WebDavProcessor.java:276)
at oracle.xdo.enterpriseScheduler.delivery.WebDavProcessor.processDelivery(WebDavProcessor.java:143)
at oracle.xd

but again the error is logged in Report Job History and when I select a failed report and press the send and go buttons the WebDAV is successfull.

Is there a way of seeing the complete error stack?

thanks for any help

Regards Garry Lawton

Edited by: GarryLawton on Nov 30, 2011 4:32 PM
  • 1. Re: Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)
    Harish Nunna Newbie
    Hi All,

I am getting the similar kind of error while trying to burst directly to the printer and File output...

For PRINT type...error is below
    Document delivery failed
    [INSTANCE_ID=bisrv.oracleads.com.1305914111196] [DELIVERY_ID=1182]Error deliver document to printer::Exception happened when calling deliver API::Error deliver document to printer::Exception happened when calling deliver API::oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: java.net.UnknownHostException: blr-ibc-7a-prn1 oracle.xdo.service.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException

for FILE type.... error is below
    Document delivery failed
    [INSTANCE_ID=bisrv.oracleads.com.1305914111196] [DELIVERY_ID=1192]Error deliver document to file::FILE=[D:\Harish:9930609876-10001969343.pdf::Exception happened when calling deliver API::FILE=[D:\Harish:9930609876-10001969343.pdf::Exception happened when deliver to file:: FILE_NAME= D:\Harish/9930609876-10001969343.pdf] ::oracle.xdo.delivery.DeliveryException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Harish/9930609876-10001969343.pdf (No such file or directory)oracle.xdo.ser

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,
    Harish
  • 2. Re: Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi Harish,
    I didn't get FTP delivery to work but I got WebDAV delivery and file delivery to work. I have not tried printer.

Can you post both soap envelopes you are using and which web service you are calling.

Regards Garry
  • 3. Re: Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)
    abey11 Newbie
    Hi, Can you share the steps for WebDAV?
  • 4. Re: Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)
    abey11 Newbie
    Hi Gary,

Can you help me with WebDAV configuration?

thanks,
    abey
  • 5. Re: Cannot deliver to FTP destination from SOAP (Web Service)
    GarryLawton Explorer
    Hi Abhiraj,
    my main concern was getting reports started in APEX, scheduled on BI Publisher and delivered to a local or mounted file system on BI Publisher. Which I have been successful in doing.
    I have never made a connection from BI Publisher to Sharepoint. The blog post you included suggests that this is done using the WebDAV interface to Sharepoint. Well, my experience with anything Microsoft is that the problems are usually to do with security and access rights.
    My suggestion is to:
    1. Check that you can use the WebDAV interface to Sharepoint from a Windows client and make sure you know which authentication method is being used.
    2. Check that you can schedule a report on BI Publisher to a non-Sharepoint WebDAV server. Maybe you can use the WebDAV service on an Oracle DB you use. If not, there are probably free public ones out there.
    3. When you get 1 and 2 working, you should be able to adjust things to be able to schedule reports from BI Publisher to Sharepoint.

hope this helps

Regards, Garry

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points