This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 6:12 AM by Nick2005 RSS

About Oracle forms and report version

Nick2005 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi to All,
Hi need to install on windows 2008 the oracle Forms and Report builder and I have founded for download two different files:

http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/middleware/11g/111200/ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.0.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip

and

Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer 11g (11.1.1.2.0) for Microsoft Windows x86 (64-bit) (4 files) from e-delivery

Wich of these version is correct ? Are the same ?

Thank You for Help
Gaetano
  • 1. Re: About Oracle forms and report version
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    The first file is Version 11.1.2 which is also referred to as 11gR2
    The second version is 11.1.*1*.2 wich is also referred to as 11gR1. The latest patchset for forms 11gR1 would be 11.1.1.6

The main difference is that the R1 bundle also contains discoverer (and portal) whereas 11gR2 contains just forms and reports.
    So if you are using discoverer you might want to look at the R1 version (with the latest patchset) whereas if you are using just forms and reports you could use 11gR2 which basically would be equal to 11.1.1.5 for forms 11gR1 (which was never released).

Sounds confusing? Well it is named (Con)Fusion Middleware ;).

Bottom line:
    - if you are using discoverer too => you might want to use 11gR1 (with the latest patchset)
    - if you are using just forms and reports => you might want to use 11gR2 (there is no patchset for that right now)

cheers
  • 2. Re: About Oracle forms and report version
    Nick2005 Newbie
    Thank You Christian,

I have understood and now i try

Best Regards
    Gaetano

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points