This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 5:50 AM by Ivruksha RSS

Over flow

953193 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

This is regarding the overflow.

Overflow:-

We upgrading from 11i to R12.1.3 and if we setup overflow 10 and while making the payment if suppose there are 15 invoices to be paid so for first 10 invoices check should be void and for remaining 5 invoices new check should be issue for total amount of 15 invoices, Please suggest.

Edited by: 950190 on Nov 19, 2012 11:45 PM
  • 1. Re: Over flow
    Ivruksha Pro
    Hi,

it is possible ... i would share the check printing scenario performed in my previous client ....

Scenario is,
    whenever Payment Process Request generates payments for a supplier with more than 10 invoices, the first page would generate a blank VOID check, and the second page or the page where the check printing invoices list ends would have the actual check with the FULL amount to be paid for that supplier .... i.e. totalling from the first page ...

Overflow limit is set at the Payment Process Profile configuration ... however i feel there is few work to be done at the XML publisher template that contains the check printing layout as well ...

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 2. Re: Over flow
    953193 Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

Thank you so much for the information and could you please elaborate the scenario what will happen the above scenario.

If we set the over flow as 10

Regards,
    Anu

Edited by: 950190 on Nov 21, 2012 5:40 AM
  • 3. Re: Over flow
    Ivruksha Pro
    Anu,

as said earlier from functional perspective you have set the limit in the Payment Process Profile. From technical perspective the XML publisher template must be designed to accommodate the limit you have set in the page ....
    For the scenario i have mentioned, 1 valid Check was generated by the system when the invoices paid exceeds more than 10 invoices......
    I would suggest you to test this with a rough XML extract, you would understand it is a straight forward functionality provided by the Module .....

Regards,
    Ivruksha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points