This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 10:39 PM by SreeReddy RSS

I Expense report Status

SreeReddy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
HI Gurus,

I have create expense report in R12 I expenses and approved. Now my report status is "Pending System Administrator Action" and Current Approver is "Expenses Administrator".

Please let me know what i have to do to complete the process with payments.

Thanks and Regards,
Sreehari
  • 1. Re: I Expense report Status
    Raju .G Newbie
    Hi Sreehari,

Have you defined signing limits in payables.

Regards,
    Raju.
  • 2. Re: I Expense report Status
    Ivruksha Pro
    Hi Sreehari,

the process flow for making payment to an Expense report in i expense is as below:

1) Create Expense Report in Iexpense Module
    2) Manager Approval for Expense Report
    3) Payables Approval for Expense Report
    4) Export expense reports from iexpense to payables
    5) Make payment to the Invoice created by the system

Now you are struck up at 2nd stage, where manager approval is pending, if there is an issue with your workflow mailer/configuration, system would send the notification to the administrator. You should login as SYSADMIN user, and can see this expense report notification in the worklist, and approve.
    Upon Manager approval, you have to switch responsibility to Internet Expenses Audit Manager and mark receipts as received and provide payables approval, followed by running the expense report export program from the same responsibility ... The invoice number that would be created in payables will be the expense report name ...

Also, as Raju said make sure sufficient amount is made available for the employee for the cost center used for creating the expense report .....

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 3. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi All,

Here is the process i followed,

I have created expense report and submitted. A notification went corresponding manager and manger have approved the expense report. After manager approvals immediately status is changing to "Pending System Administrator Action".

I have defined singing limit for manager.

Thanks,
    Sreehari

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 21, 2012 3:15 AM

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 21, 2012 3:35 AM
  • 4. Re: I Expense report Status
    Ivruksha Pro
    Login as SYSADMIN user and verify the notification, it would have the reason ....
    Also when you login as SYSADMIN user, you will have workflow administrator responsiblity, from which you can track the status of the workflow from initiation stage ...
    Normally when the second level of approver (if configured) and not made available this might happen, if there is a time out error it would happen, when workflow mailer is disabled this would happen .. etc ...

Login as SYSADMIN would let you know the next steps ...

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 5. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Gurus,

Sorry From my side.
    I have entered signing limit for approver , but forgotten to save . After entering the singing limit, i am able to complete the process.

I am having one more requirement like ,

1. In expense report i enter project and task. But project and task details are not showing in AP Invoice.

2. i have to make the cost center as updated while entering expense report. How to achieve this.

Please let me know.

Thanks to All for your inputs.

Thanks,
    Sreehari.

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 21, 2012 4:38 AM

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 21, 2012 4:49 AM
  • 6. Re: I Expense report Status
    Ivruksha Pro
    Hi Sreehari,

Issue 1 - Oracle will not display Project and Task information on payables Invoice iExpense development has indicated, "This data is not available on ap_expense_report_lines_all, so there will be no corresponding data on ap_invoice_lines_all when the expense report is imported."
    Reference - Invoice Lines Do Not Display Project And Task For Expense Reports [ID 1330358.1]

Issue 2 - Check the profile option value OIE:Enable Cost Center
    System would default this value from HRMS configuration for the employee....

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 7. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

I have entered non projects related expenses in iexpenses and cretaed AP Invoice and AP invoices are having status as “Never Validated” because of no distribution entries for all the invoices ( For both project / non project related expenses ).

Please let me how to resolve issue.

Thanks,
    Sreehari.
  • 8. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

I have entered non projects related expenses in iexpenses and cretaed AP Invoice and AP invoices are having status as “Never Validated” because of no distribution entries for all the invoices ( For both project / non project related expenses ).

Please let me how to resolve issue.

Thanks,
    Sreehari.
  • 9. Re: I Expense report Status
    Ivruksha Pro
    Sreehari,

please validate the Invoice and check the Distributions form again ....
    To validate the Invoice, query the expense report invoice in the Invoice workbench, click the Actions button and select the Validate Checkbox and click OK ..

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 10. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

Once we run the "Expense Report Export program", its automatically cretaes the corresponding AP invoice with all distribution and status as 'Validated'. But here its not happening. Its not creating distributions, so AP Invoice status as "Never Validated".

If we want to validated invoice automatically at the time of submitting "Expense Report Export program", Is there any setups we have to do.

I done the same in local vision instance and invoice got created with status as Validated and created distributions automatically. But its not happening in client instance.

Thanks,
    Sreehari.
  • 11. Re: I Expense report Status
    Ivruksha Pro
    Hi Sreehari,

oracle clearly states that Expense reports created from Internet expense module would be of status NEVER VALIDATED and there would be no Distribution records created until the Invoice is VALIDATED.
    This hints us INVOICE VALIDATION is a separate step ....upon performing INVOICE VALIDATION, you should be able to view the Distribution accounts ....

I am not sure about version upgrades have anything to do with any change in the behaviour ..... One workaround what you can do is schedule "Invoice Validation" program to be run for every 30 mins (as required), so without manual intervention the expense reports would be validated.

References-
    No Distributions for Exported Expense Reports in AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL Table Prior to Invoice Validation - Is this intended? [ID 1065571.1]
    Updating the Default Distribution Account in the Lines Tab for Imported OIE Invoices Does Not Update the Distribution Level Account, Why? [ID 1492822.1]

Regards,
    Ivruksha
  • 12. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

Thanks a Lot for you help. I will verify the notes and and update.

Thank You,
    Sreehari

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 22, 2012 3:03 AM
  • 13. Re: I Expense report Status
    SreeReddy Newbie
    Hi Ivruksha,

Thanks a lot for helping to resolve all the issue.

One thing i observed is once i create the AP invoice through iexpense, few of the invoices got status as "Validate" and few of the invoices are having status as "Never Validated". I am looking into it.

Thanks,
    Sreehari

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 22, 2012 10:39 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points