7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 12:01 AM by Ashok R RSS

Interface View 10G vs 11G

Ashok R
      Hi All,

In 10G when we click a interface in operator we can see all the sub steps on the right side of the operator where as in 11G (11.1.1.6.3) i am not able to see. Can you please let me know if something can be done? May be applying a patch or so?

This facility is very helpful in 10g which allows us to figure out how many records got inserted in each of the sub step by just looking at the operator.

Thanks,
      Ashok
        • 1. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
          A. Drieux
          I'm also looking for this screen...
          • 2. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
            JeromeFr
            Hi Ashok,

On the left pane, you should have a plus [+] on the left of your interface execution. It enables you to expand the execution to see all the KM steps. You can then double click on a step to retrieve all the needed information and see the generated code.

I'm not aware of another view allowing to see the count for all steps at the same time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
            JeromeFr
            • 3. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
              A. Drieux
              This screen was in the 10g version. You could see all the steps and info (#insert, #update, #errors, date beginning, date ending...) in one screen.
              It seems to have disappeared with ODI Studio. :-/

edit :
              As a workaround, you could create a SQL Statement that goes on WORK REPOSITORY and brings you the needed information. (SNP_SESSION table, and other SPN_SESS% tables).
              Then, you could even do a report (OBIEE, BO, Cognos, SSRS... what you want) that displays these information in the same way that ODI 10g Operator did.
              • 4. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
                Ashok R
                Thanks Jerome and Drieux for your quick response.

Jerome,
                We can expand but as i said it will be very helpful if we can see all the inserts made in the child steps at a time especially in constraint check mechanism.

Drieux,
                Will try the approach you have menionted :)

Do you guys think we can raise a SR with Oracle on this issue?

Thanks,
                Ashok
                • 5. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
                  A. Drieux
                  Yes, If I were you, I would submit an SR.
                  Then, this functionnality mayl appear again in a next version of ODI.
                  • 6. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
                    PeakIndicators_Alastair
                    ODI 11.1.1.6 ,
                    In operator, double click the parent package , then you can expand each step interactively on the right hand pane (under 'Steps' tab and get your # rows inserted, updated etc.

Its a double click now, whereas in 10G you got it automatically on selecting the Package.
                    • 7. Re: Interface View 10G vs 11G
                      Ashok R
                      Hi Alastair,

Thanks a lot :)

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok R on Nov 21, 2012 10:01 PM

Edited by: Ashok R on Nov 21, 2012 10:01 PM