1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 2:56 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
        user437657
        One more question Srini,

You said "You will need to open up the seeded empty CUSTOM.pll that comes with R12 and copy over the code from the 11i CUSTOM.pll file, then compile the pll file"

but the R12 CUSTOM.pll is full of contents,, it's not empty, do I need to make it empty (remove everything) and then copy paste from old CUSTOM.pll or preserver whatever I have in r12 CUSTOM.pll and copy in the end ?

Please advise.

Thanks
        • 16. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          You said "You will need to open up the seeded empty CUSTOM.pll that comes with R12 and copy over the code from the 11i CUSTOM.pll file, then compile the pll file"

but the R12 CUSTOM.pll is full of contents,, it's not empty, do I need to make it empty (remove everything) and then copy paste from old CUSTOM.pll or preserver whatever I have in r12 CUSTOM.pll and copy in the end ?
          Do not remove the contents of CUSTOM.pll which comes with R12, just add the custom code from the 11i CUSTOM.pll file to the R12 CUSTOM.pll file.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 17. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
            user437657
            Hi Srini,

The r12 CUSTOM.pll is not empty, do I need to make it empty (remove everything it has) or copy 11i CUSTOM.pll code in the end of r12 CUSTOM.pll ?

Thanks
            • 18. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
              user437657
              Thanks Hussein for your reply.

Actually the same question, I asked again, please ignore the same question I asked again.
              • 19. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                The r12 CUSTOM.pll is not empty, do I need to make it empty (remove everything it has) or copy 11i CUSTOM.pll code in the end of r12 CUSTOM.pll ?
                I have already answered this question in my previous reply.

Please do NOT remove the contents of R12 CUSTOM.pll and instead you need to copy the custom from the 11i CUSTOM.pll file to the R12 CUSTOM.pll file.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                  user437657
                  Hi Hussein,

I don't know how to copy custom form in CUSTOM.pll, can you please guide me or send me any relevant document.

Thanks
                  • 21. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    959660 wrote:
                    Hi Hussein,

I don't know how to copy custom form in CUSTOM.pll, can you please guide me or send me any relevant document.

Thanks
                    You need to identify the custom code yourself (or ask one of your developers to identify it for you), then open both pll files and copy that custom code from the 11i one to the R12 one.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 22. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                      user437657
                      You need to identify the custom code yourself (or ask one of your developers to identify it for you), then open both pll files and copy that custom code from the 11i one to the R12 one.

If by custom code you mean 11i CUSTOM.pll, then yes I know that and had saved before starting r12 upgrade. What I did, openedr12 CUSTOM.pll and 11i CUSTOM.pll and copied from 11i file to r12 files (in the end) and I am getting error while compiling CUSTOM.pll and getting error PDE-PLI038 Cannot open file for use as a PL/SQL library. I belief why I am getting this error because I suspect copied could not be done properly.
                      It does not seems me logical that in both files (r12 and 11i) procedure name, package name are same, how came same name objects would be compiled.

below are the contents of my 11iCUSTOM.pll, copy all below to the new CUSTOM.pll including the funny characters.

PLEASE HELP.

" ROS.60050
                      P ÿÿÿÿ r

ç      

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþ 0¨ 4¨< No namespace was supplied.ÿÿÿÿ 10¨ /mp= No file was supplied.Fÿÿÿÿ 60¨ 4 > Operation aborted by user.coÿÿÿÿ I0¨ G? - File %[1]s is not a valid PL/SQL source file.ÿÿÿÿ R0¨ Pnn@ 6 A library with this name already exists. Overwrite it?B ÿÿÿÿB8¨@ENA & [Debug Actions
                        - Displays detailed information about the specified debug action.
                      Libraries
                        - Displays detailed information about an attached library.
                      Tables
                        - Displays detailed information about database tables.
                      Views
                        - Displays detailed information about database views.
                      Load Path
                        - Displays detailed information about the current load path.
                      Locals
                        - Displays the name, type and value of a variable or parameter that is
                          local to the current scope location.
                      Program Units
                        - Displays detailed information about a specific program unit instance.
                          The information displayed includes the program unit name, its type,
                          whether it is compiled, whether it is open for editing, and cross
                          reference information.
                      Version
                        - Displays version information about the development environment.
                      ATE <var-name> }

<library> ::= LIBRARY <external-lib-spec>
                      [ FILESYSTEM | DB ]
                      [ BEFORE | AFTER ]
                      [ SOURCE <pld-file> [ NOCOMPILE] ]
                      [ NAMESPACE <namespace> ]
                      [ NOCONFIRM ]

ÿÿÿÿ "0¨ 4 create omÿÿÿÿ 8000¨ E
                      mmand. LENGTH ÿÿÿÿ r ÿÿÿÿ 4p p! 22DE_ATTACHED_LIBS      DE Attached Libs ÿÿÿÿ .hh ,pROSATTRIBS class attributes Mÿÿÿÿ +hh ) bROSLFDESC ros lf descrip ÿÿÿÿ )hh 'GUROSOBJMAP ros name->id pÿÿÿÿ +hh )D_ROSSTRINGS tk2 uiStrings $ÿÿÿÿ *hh (p%ROSSTRUCTS struct types Mÿÿÿÿ *hh ( ROSTK2RESV tk2 reserved Šÿÿÿÿ ,pp *MITOOL_MODULE Tools Modules ÿÿÿÿ )pp 'ŠTOOL_PLSQL Tools PLSQL õÀ+ÿÿÿÿ 1p#p$ *,-. /DE_ATTACHED_LIBS MODID ( MIÿÿÿÿ 1p#p$ *,-. /DE_ATTACHED_LIBS OWNER p UNCÿÿÿÿ 3p#p$ ,./0 1DE_ATTACHED_LIBS LIBNAME p ÿÿÿÿ 3p#p$ ,./0 1DE_ATTACHED_LIBS ITEMID ( 2ÿÿÿÿ 5p#p$ .012 3DE_ATTACHED_LIBS LOCATION (p pÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE PRODUCT q€ ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE MODTYPE q€ ÿÿÿÿ -pp &()* +TOOL_MODULE OWNER E€ fÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE MODNAME €€ uÿÿÿÿ -pp &()* +TOOL_MODULE MODID E( UALÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE TCS_VER (( ÿÿÿÿ 3pp ,./0 1TOOL_MODULE NEXT_ITEMID ( $ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE CREATOR M€ ÿÿÿÿÿ 3pp ,./0 1TOOL_MODULE CREATE_DATE à
                      ÿÿÿÿ 1pp *,-. /TOOL_MODULE      CREATE_VER ( ,ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE
                      MODIFIER € uÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE MOD_DATE à Uÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE MOD_VER ( Uÿÿÿÿ 1pp *,-. /TOOL_MODULE
                      COPYRIGHT (€ ND_ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE REQ_ROLE € 3ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE VGS_VER ( &ÿÿÿÿ -pp &()* +TOOL_MODULE DE_VER ( D) ÿÿÿÿ /pp (*+, -TOOL_MODULE ROS_VER (( ÿÿÿÿ +pp $&'( )TOOL_PLSQL MODID ( _ÿÿÿÿ +pp $&'( )TOOL_PLSQL NAME p ÿÿÿÿ +pp $&'( )TOOL_PLSQL TYPE ( Uÿÿÿÿ +pp $&'( )TOOL_PLSQL OWNER p _ÿÿÿÿ -pp &()* +TOOL_PLSQL ITEMID p@ pÿÿÿÿ 1pp *,-. /TOOL_PLSQL PLSLFID_EP  ÿÿÿÿ 1pp *,-. /TOOL_PLSQL PLSLFID_ST @ ÿÿÿÿ 0800¨ 0 @ ÿÿÿÿ¦0808¨¤ Ž Ž 8
                      €      $ Ž CUSTOM RPACKAGE custom IS

function zoom_available return BOOLEAN;
                      function style(event_name varchar2) return integer;
                      procedure event(event_name varchar2);
                      before constant integer := 1;
                      after constant integer := 2;
                      override constant integer := 3;
                      standard constant integer := 4;

END custom;
                      @ @ pÿÿÿÿ •€*€:€J€R(Z^_€bàel€ràu|€‚€Š(Ž’ “ 6      PL/SQL DE 0qS PL/SQL Library MINGUS CUSTOM Š xd) œsÿ xd) r DOGÿÿÿÿ 5(pp@*.02 3 ŠCUSTOM MINGUS +¬Á+ ´u ÿATCÿÿÿÿ 5(pp@*.02 3 ŠCUSTOM MINGUS +ðôÀ+ ´u ÿ ÿÿÿÿ .     (pp p! , ŠMINGUS FNDSQF FILESYSTEM þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ðx 0 ÿÿÿÔ l 8
                      €      $ CUSTOM Òpackage body custom is
                      --
                      -- Customize this package to provide specific responses to events
                      -- within Oracle Applications forms.
                      --
                      -- Do not change the specification of the CUSTOM package in any way.
                      -- You may, however, add additional packages to this library.
                      --
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      function zoom_available return boolean is
                      --
                      -- This function allows you to specify if zooms exist for the current
                      -- context. If zooms are available for this block, then return TRUE;
                      -- else return FALSE.
                      --
                      -- This routine is called on a per-block basis within every Applications
                      -- form from the WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE trigger. Therefore, any code
                      -- that will enable Zoom must test the current form and block from
                      -- which the call is being made.
                      --
                      -- By default this routine must return FALSE.
                      --
                      /* Sample code:
                      form_name varchar2(30) := name_in('system.current_form');
                      block_name varchar2(30) := name_in('system.cursor_block');
                      begin
                      if (form_name = 'DEMXXEOR' and block_name = 'ORDERS') then
                      return TRUE;
                      else
                      return FALSE;
                      end if;
                      end zoom_available;
                      */
                      --
                      -- Real code starts here
                      --
                      begin
                      return FALSE;
                      end zoom_available;

function style(event_name varchar2) return integer is
                      --
                      -- This function allows you to determine the execution style for some
                      -- product-specific events. You can choose to have your code execute
                      -- before, after, or in place of the code provided in Oracle
                      -- Applications. See the Applications Technical Reference manuals for a
                      -- list of events that are available through this interface.
                      --
                      -- Any event that returns a style other than custom.standard must have
                      -- corresponding code in custom.event which will be executed at the
                      -- time specified.
                      --
                      -- The following package variables should be used as return values:
                      --
                      -- custom.before
                      -- custom.after
                      -- custom.override
                      -- custom.standard
                      --
                      -- By default this routine must return custom.standard
                      --
                      -- Oracle Corporation reserves the right to change the events
                      -- available through this interface at any time.
                      --
                      /* Sample code:
                      begin
                      if event_name = 'OE_LINES_PRICING' then
                      return custom.override;
                      else
                      return custom.standard;
                      end if;
                      end style;
                      */
                      --
                      -- Real code starts here
                      --
                      begin
                      return custom.standard;
                      end style;

procedure event(event_name varchar2) is
                      --
                      -- This procedure allows you to execute your code at specific events
                      -- including:
                      --
                      -- ZOOM
                      -- WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE
                      -- WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE
                      -- WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE
                      -- WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE
                      -- WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD
                      --
                      -- Additionally, product-specific events will be passed via this
                      -- interface (see the Applications Technical Reference manuals for
                      -- a list of events that are available).
                      --
                      -- By default this routine must perform 'null;'.
                      --
                      -- Oracle Corporation reserves the right to change the events
                      -- available through this interface at any time.
                      --
                      /* Sample code:

form_name varchar2(30) := name_in('system.current_form');
                      block_name varchar2(30) := name_in('system.cursor_block');
                      param_to_pass1 varchar2(255);
                      param_to_pass2 varchar2(255);
                      begin
                      -- Zoom event opens a new session of a form and
                      -- passes parameter values to the new session. The parameters
                      -- already exist in the form being opened.
                      if (event_name = 'ZOOM') then
                      if (form_name = 'DEMXXEOR' and block_name = 'ORDERS') then
                      param_to_pass1 := name_in('ORDERS.order_id');
                      param_to_pass2 := name_in('ORDERS.customer_name');
                      fnd_function.exe @ ÿÿÿÔ l cute(FUNCTION_NAME=>'DEM_DEMXXEOR',
                      OPEN_FLAG=>'Y',
                      SESSION_FLAG=>'Y',
                      OTHER_PARAMS=>'ORDER_ID="'||param_to_pass1||
                      '" CUSTOMER_NAME="'||param_to_pass2||'"');
                                -- all the extra single and double quotes account for
                                -- any spaces that might be in the passed values
                      end if;

-- This is an example of a product-specific event. Note that as
                      -- of Prod 15, this event doesn't exist.
                      elsif (event_name = 'OE_LINES_PRICING') then
                      get_custom_pricing('ORDERS.item_id', 'ORDERS.price');

-- This is an example of enforcing a company-specific business
                      -- rule, in this case, that all vendor names must be uppercase.
                      elsif (event_name = 'WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD') then
                      if (form_name = 'APXVENDR') then
                      if (block_name = 'VENDOR') then
                      copy(upper(name_in('VENDOR.NAME')), 'VENDOR.NAME');
                      end if;
                      end if;
                      else
                      null;
                      end if;
                      end event;
                      */
                      --
                      -- Real code starts here
                      --
                      begin
                      null;
                      end event;

BEGIN
                      --
                      -- You should consider updating the version information listed below as you
                      -- make any customizations to this library. This information will be
                      -- displayed in the 'About Oracle Applications' window in the Forms PL/SQL
                      -- section. Only change the revision, date and time sections of this string.
                      --
                      fdrcsid('$Header: CUSTOM.pld 115.5.1150.1 2000/02/07 16:10:16 pkm ship $');

end custom;
                      @ @ 0¨! T UNKNOWNsÿÿÿÿ< 0¨: niU Bind Var :%[1]s %[2]s %[3]s
                      ÿÿÿÿ( 0¨& onV Library: %s
                      ÿÿÿÿ8 0¨6
                      W Mode: Attached (READONLY)
                      ÿÿÿÿ5 0¨3 X Mode: Open (READWRITE)
                      ÿÿÿÿ( 0¨& Y Contents:
                      ÿÿÿÿ4 0¨2 ReZ External Location: %s
                      ÿÿÿÿ- 0¨+ [    Current Directory
                      ListItemSelectDisable
                      Reverse
                      ListItemNonSelectDisable
                      Plain
                      ScrollThumb
                      ReverseBold
                      ScrollThumbDisable
                      Reverse
                      ScrollBarEnable
                      Bold
                      ScrollBarDisable
                      Plain
                      RadioButtonDisable
                      Plain
                      RadioButtonEnable
                      Bold
                      RadioButtonMnemonic
                      UnderlineBold
                      CheckBoxDisable
                      Plain
                      CheckBoxEnable
                      Bold
                      CheckBoxMnemonic
                      UnderlineBold
                      LabelNonMnemonic
                      Bold
                      LabelMnemonic
                      UnderlineBold "
                      • 23. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        If by custom code you mean 11i CUSTOM.pll, then yes I know that and had saved before starting r12 upgrade. What I did, openedr12 CUSTOM.pll and 11i CUSTOM.pll and copied from 11i file to r12 files (in the end) and I am getting error while compiling CUSTOM.pll and getting error PDE-PLI038 Cannot open file for use as a PL/SQL library. I belief why I am getting this error because I suspect copied could not be done properly.
                        It does not seems me logical that in both files (r12 and 11i) procedure name, package name are same, how came same name objects would be compiled.
                        The custom code needs to be reviewed and verified too since it may not work in R12 and it might need some modifications. Are you the developer who is in charge of this? If not, please ask one of your developers to test the code in R12.

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        • 24. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                          user437657
                          Thanks Hussein for the update.

I am dba not developer, but for the time being there will not be any developers at least for 2-3 weeks.

My questions is that CUSTOM.pll is normally considered for globally change, it is not necessary to make change for each and every form. If I was able to generate new *.fmx form successfully by using frmcmp utility then I should be able to open those customized form for which generating forms was successful.

Thanks
                          Asad
                          • 25. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            Hi Asad,

What is the error you get when you open those custom forms if you use the seeded CUSTOM.pll file?

Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 26. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                              user437657
                              Thanks Hussein for your reply.

Actually what happened, all of a sudden, the error disappears and I am able to open some of the customized forms. But I am using the r12 CUSTOM.pll. It means that the role of 11i CUSTOM.pll was not significant. I am confused that how important is CUSTOM.pll file is.

Anyway, I will do some more testing and will let you know.

For your help, so far, have been very much helpful to me.

Regards
                              Asad
                              • 27. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                Actually what happened, all of a sudden, the error disappears and I am able to open some of the customized forms. But I am using the r12 CUSTOM.pll. It means that the role of 11i CUSTOM.pll was not significant. I am confused that how important is CUSTOM.pll file is.
                                Good to hear that.
                                Anyway, I will do some more testing and will let you know.

For your help, so far, have been very much helpful to me.
                                Please keep us posted .. You are welcome!

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 28. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                                  user437657
                                  Hi Hussein,

Here is update.

1)- for the forms which I was able to compile using frmcmp utility, I am able top open from application form.
                                  2)-But for those forms I tried to compile using frmcmp, I got errors, and off course would not be able open from application. Those form were running fine in 11i. In total , I have issues with 15 forms, I can give you one example of one form, frmcmp give the following errors:
                                  I think it these errors are somewhere connected to libraries /program unit etc but how to fix , don't know.

FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
                                  Source Module: APPSTAND
                                  Source Object : STANDARD_PC_AND_VA
                                  Source Module: APPSTAND
                                  Source Object : STANDARD_TOOLBAR
                                  Source Module : APPSTAND
                                  Source Object : STANDARD_CALENDAR
                                  Comiling package specification APP_CUSTOM
                                  No compilation errors.

Compiling . . . . .
                                  ----
                                  No compilation errors.

----
                                  Compiling . . . . .
                                  No compilation errors.

FRM-38845: Query length of item must be 8 (default) or greater than actual length
                                  Edit Item: FULL_NAME
                                  Item: FULL_NAME
                                  Block: AWARDS_RECEIVED
                                  Form: Form name
                                  • 29. Re: question r12 upgrade steps from 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 and customization of forms
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    FRM-38845: Query length of item must be 8 (default) or greater than actual length
                                    Edit Item: FULL_NAME
                                    Item: FULL_NAME
                                    Block: AWARDS_RECEIVED
                                    Form: Form name
                                    Do you get the same error for all custom forms?

What if you compile those forms on your client (using Forms Builder), does it give the same error? If yes, then I believe you need to fix the queries in those forms.

Thanks,
                                    Hussein