6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 10:46 AM by Bolaji80 RSS

Datapump export hangs

Bolaji80
      Hi Gurus in the house,

I am using putty to access my database server, and I am trying to export the full database into a directory I created. The problem is that the export hangs at a particular place. My oracle version is 10.2 and I have used both system and a regular user (with exp_full_databse privilege) to do the export several times. The job runs but hangs at the same place and I have a deadline approaching to get export done on this machine and 2 other ones with same problem.

What can i do in this situation? Thanks folks and happy thanksgiving in advance.

BJ
        • 1. Re: Datapump export hangs
          sb92075
          Bolaji80 wrote:
          Hi Gurus in the house,

I am using putty to access my database server, and I am trying to export the full database into a directory I created. The problem is that the export hangs at a particular place. My oracle version is 10.2 and I have used both system and a regular user (with exp_full_databse privilege) to do the export several times. The job runs but hangs at the same place and I have a deadline approaching to get export done on this machine and 2 other ones with same problem.

What can i do in this situation? Thanks folks and happy thanksgiving in advance.

BJ
          What is it specifically doing while it "hangs"?

post complete results from SQL below

SELECT * FROM V$VERSION;
          • 2. Re: Datapump export hangs
            Bolaji80
            sb92075,

Thanks sir. Do you mean v$session or v$version? I could querry the v$session before the session timed out. I will run the export again and check the v$session. Meanwhile, I checked the alert log and these are some of the errors I see in the alert log

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 28
            ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock
            ORA-06512: at "HIR.IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS", line 153
            ORA-06512: at line 1

These errors are duplicated throughout the log. What do you think sir?

BJ
            • 3. Re: Datapump export hangs
              user9944600
              You will be able to run the datapump import with trace option to see what is happenning. If it is running now, you can also use <ctrl>+c, run "status" command, it will show you what it is doing currently.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
              • 4. Re: Datapump export hangs
                Bolaji80
                From my observation, there is a lock on one of the tables in the database (IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS). I actually exported other schemas successfully except the user with IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS table.

I am trying to figure out how to work around the lock and export the full database without any structural change to the table.
                • 5. Re: Datapump export hangs
                  user9944600
                  can you run an ashrpt to see what is happening, use session ID which is using to run expdp ? HTH
                  • 6. Re: Datapump export hangs
                    Bolaji80
                    Thanks folks. I was able to resolve the issue. I used the regular export instead of datapump and it worked. I still can't figure out what was blocking datapump :(