This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 8:46 AM by Bolaji80 RSS

Datapump export hangs

Bolaji80 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus in the house,

I am using putty to access my database server, and I am trying to export the full database into a directory I created. The problem is that the export hangs at a particular place. My oracle version is 10.2 and I have used both system and a regular user (with exp_full_databse privilege) to do the export several times. The job runs but hangs at the same place and I have a deadline approaching to get export done on this machine and 2 other ones with same problem.

What can i do in this situation? Thanks folks and happy thanksgiving in advance.

BJ
  • 1. Re: Datapump export hangs
    sb92075 Guru
    Bolaji80 wrote:
    Hi Gurus in the house,

I am using putty to access my database server, and I am trying to export the full database into a directory I created. The problem is that the export hangs at a particular place. My oracle version is 10.2 and I have used both system and a regular user (with exp_full_databse privilege) to do the export several times. The job runs but hangs at the same place and I have a deadline approaching to get export done on this machine and 2 other ones with same problem.

What can i do in this situation? Thanks folks and happy thanksgiving in advance.

BJ
    What is it specifically doing while it "hangs"?

post complete results from SQL below

SELECT * FROM V$VERSION;
  • 2. Re: Datapump export hangs
    Bolaji80 Newbie
    sb92075,

Thanks sir. Do you mean v$session or v$version? I could querry the v$session before the session timed out. I will run the export again and check the v$session. Meanwhile, I checked the alert log and these are some of the errors I see in the alert log

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 28
    ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock
    ORA-06512: at "HIR.IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS", line 153
    ORA-06512: at line 1

These errors are duplicated throughout the log. What do you think sir?

BJ
  • 3. Re: Datapump export hangs
    user9944600 Newbie
    You will be able to run the datapump import with trace option to see what is happenning. If it is running now, you can also use <ctrl>+c, run "status" command, it will show you what it is doing currently.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 4. Re: Datapump export hangs
    Bolaji80 Newbie
    From my observation, there is a lock on one of the tables in the database (IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS). I actually exported other schemas successfully except the user with IMPORT_SEC_USER_DATAS table.

I am trying to figure out how to work around the lock and export the full database without any structural change to the table.
  • 5. Re: Datapump export hangs
    user9944600 Newbie
    can you run an ashrpt to see what is happening, use session ID which is using to run expdp ? HTH
  • 6. Re: Datapump export hangs
    Bolaji80 Newbie
    Thanks folks. I was able to resolve the issue. I used the regular export instead of datapump and it worked. I still can't figure out what was blocking datapump :(

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points