Case : We have few SITs setup on SSHR having a approvals (N+2) using AME. IF SIT have 6 segments then
1. employee must see only first 3 segments,
2. first approver see top 5 segments but update only last 2 segments of the SIT,
3. whereas last approver can see all 6 segments but able to update only 6th segment.
Separate custom function has been made for each SIT which is then linked to employee Self Service responsibility.
Question : How to personalize SIT page for employee and for different approvers ?
did you had a look at the flexfield qualifiers thing.
How flexfield qualifier will work in this scenario ? can you please explain it.
using $RO$ feature you can make certain columns readonly similarly there is one option for read only and now you can set this up at responsibility,function,location etc level
Yes I know how to make the field readonly and levels of personalization available, but in the given scenario, (1) how to personalize it for every approver (2) as each SIT has different workflow and different function so page has to be personalize at function level, in that how to introduce another level of personalization at responsibility level ?
explore on similar lines you will get closer
I tried, but still not figure out the correct thing.
Please share your experience if you go through the same.
See from what I understand is you have an SIT, for you which u need to control access for different users. Allow Employee to edit/enter first 3 segments , then Manager to edit only - last 2 segments. For this case , below is a possible solution:
1. You need to create 3 different functions for the SIT u need approval for. ( One for Employee and 2 for each approver)
2. Give access of these functions to respective Menus for Employee , Manager1 & Manager2.
3. Use $RO$ in the personalization to make required segments readonly. This personalization will be done at individual function level, based on segments u need to show.
In this scenario , personalization can work at function level only. If personalization is done at responsibility level , all SIT functions will be personalized.
Why 3 different functions ? Normally we have 2 functions one for ESS and the other one is for MSS.
Can you please share the details of the 3rd function.
All approvers are using the same MSS resp and accessing the notification thru worklist access.
So when manager accessing the approval notification and click on update button to update the SIT approval record, the page shows the personalization done on Employee function level (as manager functions calls the employee function), so how to personalize the SIT segments at Manager Function level ??