5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 2:43 PM by bpm11gnewbie RSS

Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO

bpm11gnewbie
      Hi

I have an ADF screen where I am displaying values from database through EOs and VOs. My problem is after the user selects a value on the screen,I dont know how to map these selected values to BPM Process Data Objects.

Is there not a better way to achieving the below requirement.

"I have a dropdown on the screen.The value for the dropdown is being retrieved from a database table.After users selects a particular value from the dropdown, I have to map the value selected(including the rowset) to a BPM Data Object defined as a collection."

Please help.It is very urgent

Regards...
        • 1. Re: Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO
          Daniel Atwood
          A database bound list of values (LOV) that populates a BPM payload data object is described step-by-step in a blog post I wrote a while back - http://www.avioconsulting.com/blog/datwood/2012/07/02/using-database-driven-list-values-populate-bpm-variable.

Dan
          • 2. Re: Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO
            Sudipto Desmukh
            http://andrejusb.blogspot.in/2010/10/initializing-oracle-bpm-11g-process.html should also help
            • 3. Re: Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO
              bpm11gnewbie
              Hi Dan,

It is a great post however i am stuck in middle as my requirement is slightly different.

I have two fields on UI ,Value(displayed as dropdown) and Description(displayed as Output Text).These are defined in a database table.When the user selects a a value from dropdown, the description field should get automatically set.And when the value and description field are set ,I have to map these values to BPM Objects.

I followed your post and was able to map the value from dropdown to BPM Object but however I am unable to display the description field as per the change in dropdown and then map it to BPM object.

Could you please help me on this.

And thank you Sudipto for giving the link,I am trying to analyse the same.

Regards..
              • 4. Re: Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO
                Daniel Atwood
                There are a few moving pieces to get the value of a field on a form changed when another field's value changes.

Look at the my blog on this from July using-database-driven-list-values-populate-bpm-variable (http://www.avioconsulting.com/blog/datwood/2012/07/02/using-database-driven-list-values-populate-bpm-variable). This goes into how to bind the BPM data object variables to a data source different than the default human task, set the autosubmit property, set the partitial trigger property and create the action binding you will need. Because you are not going to initialize your form with values when it first comes up, you just need to skip the "Initialize the ADF Form With Values Read from the Database" section.

Where I have you dragging over the "FirstName" and "LastName" name elements from the ADFbc data control, if you needed to populate BPM data object variables - you'd also need to drag these over into the form from the human task in the data control tab. Make the FirstName field autosubmit and then make your human task field have a partial trigger pointed to the FirstName field, then you'd be populating the BPM data object's element.

Know this is a lot to throw at you, but try getting the autosubmit working with the "listener" partial triggers and you should be able to get it going.

Dan
                • 5. Re: Data Association Between BPM Process Objects and EO,VO
                  bpm11gnewbie
                  Hi Dan,

Your post http://www.avioconsulting.com/blog/datwood/2012/07/02/using-database-driven-list-values-populate-bpm-variable has been a big time savior for me.What i modified for my requirement in your solution was at step "As shown below, change the Data Value to Title (the BPM attribute) → change the List Attribute to JobTitle (the list of values from the database table's column to show in the dropdown) → change the Display Attribute to JobTitle → click OK."
                  I added my second column from database and associated with the bpm object base data source.
                  After clicking ok i had set the partial triggers on both bpm fields to that of dropdown id.

Thank you once again Dan!!

And hope my above modification to your solution will help others.

Regards...