This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 9:53 PM by SweetKUR RSS

webutil signing problem

SweetKUR Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear members,
I have installed application server 10 rel 2 on windows server 2003. when i try to sigh the webutil it give the following error. I am unable to find the solution. Please tell me how to solve this problem. Error is as under

E:\OraHomeBi\jdk\bin>e:\OraHomeBi\forms\webutil\sign_webutil.bat e:\OraHomeBi\fo
rms\java\frmwebutil.jar
Generating a self signing certificate for key=webutil2...
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Key pair not generated, alias <webutil2> alr
eady exists
There were warnings or errors while generating a self signing certificate. Pleas
e review them.
Backing up e:\OraHomeBi\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar as e:\OraHomeBi\forms\java\frm
webutil.jar.old...
1 file(s) copied.
Signing e:\OraHomeBi\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar using key=webutil2...
...successfully done.

thanks & Regards
  • 1. Re: webutil signing problem
    Fabian Pro
    Hi SweetKur,

You have run sign_webutil.bat more then 1 time due to which ur getting this exception
    keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Key pair not generated, alias <webutil2> already exists
    When u ran the sign_webutil.bat 1st time,the script creates a key "webutil2" and signs the jar with it.

Take a Backup of sign_webutil.bat as sign_webutil.bat_22112012
    Now open the sign_webutil.bat file with notepad
    Change the value of SET JAR_KEY=webutil2x

and then execute ur command again,
    E:\OraHomeBi\jdk\bin>e:\OraHomeBi\forms\webutil\sign_webutil.bat e:\OraHomeBi\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar
    You wont get exception,JAR files will be signed with a new self-signed certificate.

Any other doubts,do post.

Regards
    Fabian
  • 2. Re: webutil signing problem
    SweetKUR Newbie
    Thanks Dear fabian. My problem has solved.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points