This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 10:50 AM by 968059 RSS

How to turn off the IE compatibility view with code

968059 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Jdeveloper 11.1.1.6.0
ADF Business Components     11.1.1.61.92

Can the IE compatibility warning be turned off by code. Warning text:"The current compatibility setting is not supported. Disable Compatibility View before running this web page"

We have users who donot want to change the compatibility view setting for the IE browser, so i wanted to find if i can add some code to disable this warning for the users. Please let me know.
  • 1. Re: How to turn off the IE compatibility view with code
    AlejandroProfet Journeyer
    Hi,

Have you tried to set programmatically the header "X-UA-Compatible"?
    See this: http://www.javaoracleblog.com/java/Running_ADF_Faces_applications_with_IE_9_in_IE_8_compatibility_mode.jsf

AP
  • 2. Re: How to turn off the IE compatibility view with code
    968059 Newbie
    The info provided is to make the application run in a different IE version. I did try the above suggestion but it is not solving my problem.

What i am looking for is:
    On IE 9 / IE 8, users can turn on the Compatibility View Settings. When the Compatibility View is turned on the application running on WLS 1036 gives a new pop-up message on every single page. The pop-up message says "The current compatibility setting is not supported. Disable Compatibility View before running this web page". I am looking for a way to turn off the above pop-up message.

This pop-up message does not show up in WLS 1035.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points