3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 8:33 AM by User431631 RSS

Navigate to another report from a Union Report

User431631
      Hi All,

I am using OBIEE 11.1.1.6.0.I have a requirement which contains the situation as the following:

I have a report which contains the union from two columns in same subject area.

Suppose I have two columns named AA and BB.This BB is the measure Column(for eg: no of cases) and AA is the court type (for eg:supreme or subcourt).This report union another report which contains another two columns named CC and DD where CC is the case type (for eg:Civil) and DD is the no of Civil cases.

AA and CC are coming from same presentation table and BB and DD are coming from different presentation tables.I have to navigate from CC and BB to a detailed report.As it is a union report it can possibly navigate to only one report,not two different reports.

How can we navigate to another report from CC and BB?

Please help..

Thanks
      Chitra
        • 1. Re: Navigate to another report from a Union Report
          MKKrishna
          I see you are clubbing two reports which gives a snapshot of Supreme court and Civil cases. Create 2 action links

1) Supreme Court Cases
          2) Civil Cases

One main union report and 2 detail reports. One for Supreme court cases and other for Civil Cases with appropriate prompts as PROMPTED in the detail reports.

Main report -> Supreme Court Cases -> Detail 1 ( Supreme Court Cases)
          Main report -> Supreme Court Cases -> Detail 2 ( Civil Court Cases)
          • 2. Re: Navigate to another report from a Union Report
            Pavan.Kasetty
            Hi Chitra,

Is there a requirement to create a union report?
            As per my knowledge, the below functionality can be achieved without a union report.

Please follow the below steps

1) Create a report with two columns.
            First column is mapped to the dimension column.
            Create second column with the below case statement.
            CASE WHEN column1 ' =AA' THEN
            Fact1.measure
            WHEN column1 = 'CC' THEN
            Fact2.measure
            END
            2) Create a child report and code the same case statement in the measure field.

The above logic retrieves data from different fact tables depending on the value of the dimension.

Please revert if this doesn't solve your issue.

-Pavan Kumar K.
            • 3. Re: Navigate to another report from a Union Report
              User431631
              Hi Pavan,

This answer is not working for me.Actually AA and CC are different columns coming from same presentation table and my requirement is list the values for AA and CC in the one column of a table,so I used Union Report.Now I have to navigate to another report when I click on BB and DD.

But as it is a union report we cannot navigate to 2 different reports ,only single report.So when I click BB I have to go to a report with the corresponding details of AA that means the value of AA should be passed as a parameter. The case is similar to DD also.

Please provide any other answer for how to navigate to another report from a union report

Thanks
              Chitra