4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 10:05 PM by stopuz RSS

Discoverer 11g Desktop installation for E-Business Suite 12.1.3

stopuz
      Hi All,

Is it possible to just create an EUL in my E-Business Suite 12.1.3 database (DB version is 11g R2) and use the latest version of Discoverer Desktop to connect to it and generate reports without having to install Fusion Middleware?

Thanks,
      Sinan
        • 1. Re: Discoverer 11g Desktop installation for E-Business Suite 12.1.3
          Michael Armstrong-Smith
          Hello
          You do not need Middleware if you only intend to use Desktop. You have to use Administrator to create the EUL then you can create reports using Desktop.

Best wishes
          Michael
          • 2. Re: Discoverer 11g Desktop installation for E-Business Suite 12.1.3
            stopuz
            Hi Michael,

The question is answered, so thank you. Since it is related, I want to ask the question here:

I installed

Oracle BI Discoverer Administrator - version 11.1.1.3.0
            Oracle BI Discoverer Desktop - version 11.1.1.3.0

I was able to export from an old version (4i) and import it into a newly created EUL in my E-Business Suite 12.1.3 database (DB version 11.2.0.2 64-Bit), so I am able to login with the EUL user in Administrator, but I am not able to connect with an Application User using Discoverer Desktop.

I followed the document "Using Discoverer 11.1.1 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 1074326.1]"

In Desktop -> Options -> Connections; "Connect to application EULs" is selected since the EUL I created was for Application Users ONLY.

Gateway UserID/password: applsyspub/pub
            Foundation Name: apps

I get the infamous error message:
            "Unable to connect to: APPSUSERNAME@PROD
            Failed to connect to database - Unable to connect to Oracle Applications database: invalid username/password."

If I change the option -> Connections to "Connect to both standard and applications EULs" I CAN login into Desktop using APPS/APPS@PROD or EUL5_US/EUL5_US@PROD, but I cannot see any of the imported Workbooks from the database.

Can you please advise as to what maybe wrong? Is this version of Discoverer certified with 12.1.3 on a 64-Bit Linux system? Could that be the reason?

Thanks,
            Sinan
            • 3. Re: Discoverer 11g Desktop installation for E-Business Suite 12.1.3
              Rod West
              Hi,

This is unlikely to be a problem with certified versions, more likely to be a problem with the setup on the PC.

The EUL should have been created as a apps mode EUL. Therefore first check that you can connect using Disco Admin to the EUL with a apps user. To do this you need to connect with Disco Admin as the EUL owner and grant admin privileges to an apps user or responsibility then connect as this user or responsibility. Once you have this working then try with Disco User.

Check that you only have one EUL in the database and that Disco User attempting to connect to the correct EUL.

There are many reasons why you get an invalid username/password error. One reason is that the application is running in secure mode and you haven't copied across the .dbc file. See this [url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3460029&#3460029]thread for details or search the forum.

Rod West
              • 4. Re: Discoverer 11g Desktop installation for E-Business Suite 12.1.3
                stopuz
                Rod West wrote:
                To do this you need to connect with Disco Admin as the EUL owner and grant admin privileges to an apps user or responsibility then connect as this user or responsibility. Once you have this working then try with Disco User.
                Above did the trick.

Thank you,
                Sinan