6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 1:40 AM by Ted xu RSS

FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error

Ted xu
      Hi experts,

Recently I tried to use FNDLOAD to load varchar2 data into a CLOB column. The string data is around
      30k, but after loaded into the table, it’s truncated and no error is prompted.

Does anybody ever encounter such a case ?

Thanks,
      Ted
        • 1. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
          Recently I tried to use FNDLOAD to load varchar2 data into a CLOB column. The string data is around
          30k, but after loaded into the table, it’s truncated and no error is prompted.

Does anybody ever encounter such a case ?
          Please post the command you used along with the contents of FNDLOAD log file.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
            Ted xu
            Hi Hussein,

Get to apologize for the long time with no feedback, trying to figure out a temporary solution on this issue.

This is the command i used:
            FNDLOAD user/pwd@sid 0 Y UPLOAD patch/115/import/sypdefsq.lct patch/115/import/US/sypdefsq.ldt
            In sypdefsq.lct It's just a update for table SY_PURG_DEF's column SQLSTATEMENT, which is a CLOB column.
            The result is the data from ldt file is truncated silently without error prompted.

The log file provides no clue on this issue.

Thanks,
            Ted
            • 3. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi Ted,
              Get to apologize for the long time with no feedback, trying to figure out a temporary solution on this issue.

This is the command i used:
              FNDLOAD user/pwd@sid 0 Y UPLOAD patch/115/import/sypdefsq.lct patch/115/import/US/sypdefsq.ldt
              In sypdefsq.lct It's just a update for table SY_PURG_DEF's column SQLSTATEMENT, which is a CLOB column.
              The result is the data from ldt file is truncated silently without error prompted.
              Is sypdefsq.lct a custom file? I could not find this file under $FND_TOP/patch/115/import directory.
              The log file provides no clue on this issue.
              Please post the contents of the log file here.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
                Ted xu
                Hi Hussein,
                Is sypdefsq.lct a custom file? I could not find this file under $FND_TOP/patch/115/import directory.
                No it's not a custom file. it's a GMA related lct file, should be under the folder $GMA_TOP/patch/115/import.
                Please post the contents of the log file here.
                And this is the log:
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Application Object Library: Version : 11.5.0

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

module:

Current system time is 25-NOV-2012 19:26:35

Uploading from the data file sypdefsq.ldt
                Altering database NLS_LANGUAGE environment to AMERICAN
                Dump from LCT/LDT files (sypdefsq.lct(115.0.115100.1), sypdefsq.ldt) to stage tables
                Dump LCT file sypdefsq.lct(115.0.115100.1) into FND_SEED_STAGE_CONFIG
                Dump LDT file sypdefsq.ldt into FND_SEED_STAGE_ENTITY
                Dumped the batch (SY_PURG_DEF AJNL , SY_PURG_DEF DSLT ) into FND_SEED_STAGE_ENTITY
                Upload from stage tables

Concurrent request completed successfully
                Current system time is 25-NOV-2012 19:26:40

Thanks,
                Ted
                • 5. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi Ted,

I do not think you can use this lct file. However, I would suggest you log a SR.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: FNDLOAD varchar2 truncated without error
                    Ted xu
                    Hi Hussein,

Then i know how to proceed, this thread will be closed.

Thanks,
                    Ted