6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 6:02 AM by 494959 RSS

SAP Database Restore

Hi Techie,

We have the Restore of SAP Databases. In one of the database, people are saying that Some of standard objects were missing. But I have not encountered the any error while doing the database restreo and recover activity.

archived log for thread 1 with sequence 13077 is already on disk as file /oracle/ASE/mirrlogA/log_g11m2.dbf
      RMAN-08187: WARNING: media recovery until SCN 5871076928049 complete
      Finished recover at 14-NOV-12

I have asked them, to give the missing objects, When I verified that object is available. Can you please suggest where is the problem. since Data available in datalayer but not present in presentation Layer.

Database:11.2.0.2.0
      OS AIX

Please advise.
        • 1. Re: SAP Database Restore
          Osama_Mustafa
          Check MOS
          RMAN-08187: WARNING when running blockrecover command from RMAN [ID 1333749.1]
          • 2. Re: SAP Database Restore
            moreajays
            Hi,

What does standard objects means is it SAP standard objects or oracle internal objects, any example what is missing
            As long as u have done incomplete recovery there could be chances of a transaction miss & not complete object inside DB
            Catch one object which they are saying its missing & Try to compare it your source/prod

Thanks,
            Ajay More
            • 3. Re: SAP Database Restore
              Standard object refers SAP standard objects.
              What ever missing the objects as they are saying it is available in Database. Not presented in application layer.

For this RMAN:08187, I have seen the message are this is the information message no action is required.
              • 4. Re: SAP Database Restore
                moreajays
                Hi Tippu,

It is not possible that any DB objects goes missing after RMAN cloning,

Ask application guy to give u specific DB object name which they claim to be missing

Then go to source DB check the status of object using dba_objects & then come to cloned DB if it is present or not

If found then problem is solved.

if its any application layer object then DBA should not be responsible for it

Thanks,
                Ajay More
                • 5. Re: SAP Database Restore
                  Osama_Mustafa
                  Tippu wrote:
                  Standard object refers SAP standard objects.
                  What ever missing the objects as they are saying it is available in Database. Not presented in application layer.

For this RMAN:08187, I have seen the message are this is the information message no action is required.
                  Not missing you did something wrong . Oracle will not lose your data .
                  • 6. Re: SAP Database Restore
                    Hi , Thanks,

The object that what ever they claim as Missed, it is available in DB layer, But In SAP, some of the standard objects were missing they are cliaming.Since that is huge number of objects they are able to give the object name.

But RMAN operation I have NOT received any errors , It is perfectly Went fine.