This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 3:56 PM by vladodias RSS

OER&OSR versus S-Ramp

969358 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I would like to know what are the advantages and disadvantage about the standards implemented by Oracle comparing with S-Ramp. Basically my curiosity started after I read someone arguing that UDDI is outdated (http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/2010/03/uddi_rip.html).
  • 1. Re: OER&OSR versus S-Ramp
    vladodias Guru
    Hi,

I tend to agree with the article... IMHO UDDI is an idea that nobody understood and nobody implemented in real life... It never took off... Oracle implements it just to tick a box...

If S-Ramp will one day take off and become adopted as a common practice I don't know... It doesn't seem so... At least from what I see at the moment...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: OER&OSR versus S-Ramp
    969358 Newbie
    And what is your opinion about OER? Oracle usually suggest OER and OSR as part of a good SOA governance. We are thincking to avoid OER and use our developer repository as SOA repository.
  • 3. Re: OER&OSR versus S-Ramp
    vladodias Guru
    966355 wrote:
    We are thincking to avoid OER and use our developer repository as SOA repository.
    That seems to be the direction in most of the companies... I believe you have to consider that OER will probably have better capabilities as a SOA repository than your developer repository... How much do you need those capabilities?

I suggest you open a new question like "Any success cases implementing OER?" Maybe someone had some good experiences to share...

Cheers,
    Vlad

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points