This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 10:21 AM by 953124 RSS

Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link

953124 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have an analysis which allows a user to drill into more detailed information via an action link. On the top level report I'm showing a set of leases for a property and their lease types. I have a dashboard prompt which allows the user to filter down the lease types that they want to display. However, when I click on a link to get into the details it is changing the selected lease types to only have the lease type of the chosen lease selected.

This is an issue because we have an action link to get back to the summary report. When the user gets back to the summary report the prompt is still filtered down to that one lease type. Is there a way to make it so that the dashboard prompt isn't filtered down based on the values that are shown in the analysis?
  • 1. Re: Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link
    Maqsood Hussain Journeyer
    Use different logical columns for Lease Type in Summary and Details report. Eigther you can duplicate your Lease Type logical column in RPD or you can change the column formula in reports/Prompts.

If your column in summary report and prompts is "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" then in the Detail page you can edit the prompt fx and put a dummy case statement like

CASE when 1 <> 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" END. Use the same case statement in Detail Report column and make it prompted.

Hope this helps

Thanks
  • 2. Re: Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link
    953124 Newbie
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but this isn't working for me. I changed the formula for Lease Type in the detail report to be:

CASE when 1 > 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" END

NOTE:CASE when 1 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" END threw an error.

I then set CASE when 1 > 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" END as prompted in the detail report. However, it is still setting the prompt. Even when I create a new dashboard prompt which doesnt have Lease Type in it and put it on the detail report page I get the same behavior.

The way my reports are set up is I have a dashboard with 2 pages. The first page has the summary report and the second page, which is hidden, has the detail report. Both pages have the dashboard prompt. When the user clicks on the Lease ID on the summary report an action link takes them to the second page which is filtered by the Lease ID that they clicked on.
  • 3. Re: Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link
    Maqsood Hussain Journeyer
    So your summary page prompt should have a prompt column "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" AND
    Summary report should have "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" is Prompted

Detail Page should have CASE when 1 not equal to 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" in prompt and
    Detail report should have CASE when 1 not equal to 0 then "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" is prompted. Dont keep "Lease Dimension"."Lease Type" is prompted in Detail report.

I have tried this myself and it works fine for me.

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link
    953124 Newbie
    This almost works. The Lease Type now is not being filtered when I go down to the detail report but when I click the action link to return to the summary view it is being filtered. We're close!
  • 5. Re: Dashboard Prompts Set with Action Link
    953124 Newbie
    Ok, here's the final solution:

I changed the formula on the summary report to:
    CASE WHEN 2 > 0 THEN "Lease"."LeaseType" END
    Then I made the formula on the detail report:
    CASE WHEN 1 > 0 THEN "Lease"."LeaseType" END

This makes it so the values don't clash with each other or the filters so I can go back and forth and not have selections limit the values. Also, the filters still work to filter down information.

Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points