This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 8:56 PM by 747754 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    SaraB Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Dragan

Yes there definitely seems to be a bug with text fields with these settings whose values are set by Javascript. I think this is something that a lot of people will encounter, especially with Dynamic Actions being used a lot.

I've managed to find a workaround which works for us. The problem only occurs because APEX knows the field is disabled, so if you set the Disabled attribute to No and set the "HTML Form Element Attributes" to readonly="readonly" then the field will still appear as disabled but APEX won't know it is so you don't get the problem. I've tested this on one of our forms and it appears to work for us. I now only have another 75 fields to change and test :-)

I hope this works for you and others with the same problem.

Sara
  • 16. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    drama9346 Newbie
    Hi Sara!

Your solution worked for me! I tested it right now!

Thank you!

Regards,
    Dragan
  • 17. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    691174 Newbie
    This same problem croppt up whenever adding new page items on another page, caused the sum of the page items on page### + page 0 to exceed 100, which is the APEX stated limit for number of page items. (To be exact, it was 110 items).

We solved this problem by setting all page 0 items "Display as" to "hidden" and Condition type "never".
  • 18. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    938376 Newbie
    Hi Patrick,
    I have the same problem when i try to login intro mai application "Page protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page items. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance.
    Contact your application administrator."...I'll be very grateful if you cuold help me.I can send you the workspace,etc. if you want to see for yourself.I have only 3 pages so it's a simple application.Thank you very much.
    my e-mail: aa.iordan@yahoo.com
  • 19. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Patrick Wolf Employee ACE
    Hi,

just post the workspace name and the app# and I will have a look.

Regards
    Patrick
  • 20. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    lxiscas Newbie
    HI, Patrick:

We got the same problem as ""Page protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page items. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance. Contact your application administrator.". This problem happens on page 5, where we have multiple input formregions controled by standard dynamic actions and radio box. I tried to set </form> on form region footer to stripe the P_page_checksum, but it does not work. Is there any other way that we can do? For laws, I cannot put the application on APEX.Oracle.com. Maybe I can just put the pag 5 to apex.oracle.com. would that be possible for you to take a look? Below is our website of application (for end user.)

http://sors.doc.state.ok.us/svor/f?p=sors

We are using Oracle 11G R2, Apex 4.1.1,

Thanks a lot.

Sam
  • 21. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Martin Giffy D'Souza Oracle ACE Director
    I had the same issues on one application after the 4.1.1 upgrade (from 4.0). In one situation it was due to an extra </form> tag that was added in a region (not an upgrade issue as it was in the region source). Removing it resolved that issue.

After fixing the form tag issue we still encountered it on several other pages. In 4.1 the "Value Protected" value is stored in apex_application_page_items.attribute_01. If this is set to Y (Yes) or NULL then a checksum will be applied to the item. For whatever reason we had several hidden items with NULL as attribute_01. Though the value didn't change (on the page via a DA or JS) it had a checksum on it when it shouldn't have.

This is hard to view in the APEX developer interface since the LOV for Value Protected is Yes or No and defaults to Yes even though its value is null. The following query will identify page items that are affected. To fix them just go in and manually update them to Yes or No.
    SELECT *
    FROM apex_application_page_items
    WHERE application_id = :app_id
      AND lower(display_as_code) LIKE '%hidden%'
      AND attribute_01 IS NULL
    ORDER BY item_name
    Martin
    -----
    http://www.ClariFit.com
    http://www.TalkApex.com
  • 22. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Martin Giffy D'Souza Oracle ACE Director
    One other thing I found that was causing the issue was that in some situations we disabled all input elements. Ex:
    $('#wrapperDivTag input').attr('disabled', true);
    This disabled all the input elements but also the checksum elements for the hidden and protected items. Disabled items aren't submitted with the page. I'm assuming that how APEX 4.1.1 handles unsumbitted items is different than 4.0, thus the error.

For us at least this doesn't appear to be an APEX bug, rather an issue on our end. To work around this we just excluded all hidden items from being disabled:
    $('#wrapperDivTag input[type!="hidden"]').attr('disabled', true);
    Martin
    -----
    http://www.ClariFit.com
    http://www.TalkApex.com

Edited by: Martin Giffy D'Souza on Oct 8, 2012 11:48 AM
  • 23. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    Dacoco Newbie
    Hi,

we also encountered the problem with read-only-elements which need to be saved in the session described here and found a alternative workaround:

1) Set the "Save Session State" of all read only elements which needed to be saved in the session

You can use Martins query (a little bit changed) for determining the needed elements:
    SELECT * FROM apex_application_page_items
    WHERE application_id = :app_id AND lower(display_as_code) LIKE '%display_only%' AND attribute_01 IS 'Y' ORDER BY item_name

After that you can rather export your application and change the p_attribute_01 part of all the elements in the sql and import it again or change the elements manually.

2) Create a dynamic process on each page with changed elements:
    - Event: Before Page Submit
    - Condition: - No condition-
    - True Actions: Execute PL SQL Code -> PlSQL Code: BEGIN null; END -> Page Items to Submit: <insert all elements changed on the page here>

That's it. Now all the elements are submitted when you submit the page without the session state protection error.

Hope this helps anyone.

(This should also work for the hidden elements (but we did not test it so far))
  • 24. Re: Page protection violation on APEX 4.1.1.00.23
    747754 Newbie
    Hi Patrick,

This is also regarding the Page protection violation error.

I started to get (Page protection violation) error for my APEX website (www.e-oncologist.com). The error is caused by (contact us page) (Page No: 1040). After I click this page for the first time I start to get the error when I click on any other link.

I tried this scenario: I decided to remove the region with all the items and the page started to work normally, then I added one text item and the problem started again. So if their is only empty region the page is working without a problem but the problem starts again when I add any type of items.

the error message is:

[Contact your application administrator. Page protection violation: This may be caused by manual alteration of protected page items. If you are unsure what caused this error, please contact the application administrator for assistance.]

Hopefully anyone can help me,

Thanks
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points