This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 6:22 AM by Trey RSS

How to configure GPC code?

959879 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
based on user guide regarding UDEX and GPC code on Product Classification section on Trade Spec:

If the UDEX Classification chosen has a direct mapping to a
GPC Code, the GPC Code defaults to that value. Otherwise you can
select the value

however, under Admin > GSM Common, i can't seem to find a place to configure GPC code

does anyone know how to choose NOT to link UDEX classification and configure GPC code directly?
  • 1. Re: How to configure GPC code?
    Trey Explorer
    We have that section config'd off our Trade Specs. Which I had forgot we did until I read your question. Now Im thinking I want it for our GDSN feeds.
    When I go to our 6.1 UDEX admin, and open it I get an unhandled error.
    So if its ok, Im going to pile onto your thread here and ask why Im getting this error when I try to go to ADMN > GSM Common > UDEX Classifications?
    Do I need to add some data to a table since we have never used the Product Classification section?

ErrorType: First| ErrorCount: 0| App: LMP| SessionId: 7931c952-fc77-0bd5-d2fa-ffc411aa609a| UserId: autena| IsNewSession: False| ServerID: 10.17.10.49| Misc: | Exception: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.Core.NameValuePairs.AddParse(String values, Char pairDelimiter, Char nameValueSeparator) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.Core.NameValuePairs.AddParse(String values) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.DataAdmin.TaxonomyDataSourceLookup.CreateDataSource(String initializationString) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.DataAdmin.TaxonomyDataSourceLookup.GetDataSource(String initializationString) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.DataAdmin.TranslatableTaxonomy.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at Xeno.Web.UI.WebContentManagement.ContentPage.LoadContentControl(Control contentContainerControl) at Xeno.Web.UI.WebContentManagement.ContentPage.BasePageInit(String contentURLKey, String contentNamespace, String pageID, Control contentContainerControl) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.DataAdmin.DataAdmin.BasePageInit() at Xeno.Web.UI.WebContentManagement.ContentPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) at Xeno.Prodika.Portal.WebUI.DataAdmin.DataAdmin.OnInit(EventArgs e) at ASP.dataadmin_dataadmin_aspx.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.dataadmin_dataadmin_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  • 2. Re: How to configure GPC code?
    975118 Newbie
    Hi, Trey:
    It seems a configvalue lost in your enviroment.
    Please confirm the data in table "commonTaxonomyNamespace".
    Do you find a row whose “NamespaceID” equals "GSMTaxonomy2161"?
    Normally, Its “ConfigValues” shoud be “NodeDO=Xeno.Data.Common.ISMILTaxonomyNodeDO,NodeMLDO=Xeno.Data.Common.ISMILTaxonomyNodeMLDO”
  • 3. Re: How to configure GPC code?
    Trey Explorer
    Yes that record is missing. Thanks.
    I hope someone has an answer to OPs question.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points