This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:45 AM by CraigB RSS

Invisibility of Forms.exe!!!

968376 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed Oracle 10g on my laptop.

I want to work on forms now. Can anybody help me out how to do and may I know the steps to follow??

Do I need to install any other supporting tool??
  • 1. Re: Invisibility of Forms.exe!!!
    sb92075 Guru
    965373 wrote:

I want to work on forms now. Can anybody help me out how to do and may I know the steps to follow??

Did you also install Form & Reports anywhere?

How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
  • 2. Re: Invisibility of Forms.exe!!!
    CraigB Guru
    You need to be more specific about what you installed. There are a lot of Oracle products that have the "10g" release name associated with them.
    To use Oracle Forms 10g, you must have installed the Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2). Once installed, there will be a set of Program Groups in the Start Menu. Have you looked for these?
    If you installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) then technically, no you will not need any other tools. However, in order to build an Oracle Forms application, you will need an Oracle Database. You might want to concider installing the Database 11g Express Edition if you don't have a dedicated database server.

On a side note, if you are new to Oracle Forms, I recommend you start with a supported version of Oracle Forms. The Oracle Developer Suite 10g has been desupported so I recommend you use Forms 11g which is now part of the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g suite.

Craig...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points