This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 3:24 AM by 956063 RSS

login issue in studio

956063 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm unable to log into studio with 'admin@oracle.com' Emaill address and I tried to login by creating a new userid but in that login inside control panel its just showing 'MyAccount' and its not showing other options.
How can I login with the admin user or else if I login with other user how to see other options in controlpanel.
Please solve my issue

Thanks,
Lakshman

Edited by: 953060 on Nov 23, 2012 2:49 AM
  • 1. Re: login issue in studio
    user450325 - oracle Newbie
    I have same problem as yours.

Did you have any further solutions?
  • 2. Re: login issue in studio
    Dan at Branchbird Journeyer
    I am not sure I fully follow...have you forgotten the password for the admin@oracle.com user? By default OOTB, this is the Studio administrative user. Did someone change the default password and you simply don't know it?

From the control panel, you can go to Settings --> Authenticate to change how the users authenticate (either by email address or screen name or by user id). Is it possible that someone changed this?

As for the new user you created, you likely haven't added the appropriate roles to the user which is why you see only "My Account" under the Control Panel when you're logged in as that user. You need to add the "Administrator" role associated to your user to "see" more. You'll need to be logged in as the admin or a user who has admin privileges to add the "Administrator". You can create new roles if you need to provide specific authorizations if you need something less powerful than the "Administrator" role too.

Please provide more information,
    Dan
    http://branchbird.com
  • 3. Re: login issue in studio
    956063 Newbie
    Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Actually the default password for admin user is 'admin' and I didn't changed it but I'm not sure what the settings I changed.
    And now I created the user to just login into the studio but I dont have any admin user to change the roles of that user. Totally I am unable to do anything with studio now

Edited by: 953060 on Nov 26, 2012 1:24 AM

Edited by: 953060 on Nov 26, 2012 1:43 AM
  • 4. Re: login issue in studio
    I have seen this happen before when the authentication type is switched from email to screenname. If this did occur, you could try to log in as un/pw = admin/admin to see if you can access Studio as the administrator. If this doesn't work and another setting was changed (like the password), assuming you're still using the HSQL database with Studio, there are some less attractive options for resetting things in the lportal.script file directly short of reinstalling.

Dan
  • 5. Re: login issue in studio
    956063 Newbie
    Dan,

The authentication type didn't changed to screenname and I'm sure password didn't changed. I saw the lportal.script file but I'm unable to reset the password using it can you suggest me how can I do that.
  • 6. Re: login issue in studio
    I suspect that something did change since you're no longer able to login as admin@oracle.com/admin, but I digress.

DISCLAIMER: Changing the lportal.script database file is not recommended and is very risky. I am not recommending it per se. If you do attempt these steps, please back it up. Additionally, I have not tried these steps myself so I can't say with 100% certainty it will work. You should consider reinstalling OEID and importing a previously captured .lar file, if you have one.

Looking at the lportal.script file, I see this line which describes the schema of the USER_ table:

CREATE MEMORY TABLE USER_(UUID_ VARCHAR(75),USERID BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,COMPANYID BIGINT,CREATEDATE TIMESTAMP,MODIFIEDDATE TIMESTAMP,DEFAULTUSER BOOLEAN,CONTACTID BIGINT,PASSWORD_ VARCHAR(75),PASSWORDENCRYPTED BOOLEAN,PASSWORDRESET BOOLEAN,PASSWORDMODIFIEDDATE TIMESTAMP,REMINDERQUERYQUESTION VARCHAR(75),REMINDERQUERYANSWER VARCHAR(75),GRACELOGINCOUNT INTEGER,SCREENNAME VARCHAR(75),EMAILADDRESS VARCHAR(75),OPENID VARCHAR(1024),PORTRAITID BIGINT,LANGUAGEID VARCHAR(75),TIMEZONEID VARCHAR(75),GREETING VARCHAR(255),COMMENTS LONGVARCHAR,FIRSTNAME VARCHAR(75),MIDDLENAME VARCHAR(75),LASTNAME VARCHAR(75),JOBTITLE VARCHAR(100),LOGINDATE TIMESTAMP,LOGINIP VARCHAR(75),LASTLOGINDATE TIMESTAMP,LASTLOGINIP VARCHAR(75),LASTFAILEDLOGINDATE TIMESTAMP,FAILEDLOGINATTEMPTS INTEGER,LOCKOUT BOOLEAN,LOCKOUTDATE TIMESTAMP,AGREEDTOTERMSOFUSE BOOLEAN,ACTIVE_ BOOLEAN)

This shows me that in fields 8 and 9, I can store the password and specify if I am encrypting its storage or not. Towards the end of the file, I see this line for my admin@oracle.com entry:

INSERT INTO USER_ VALUES('b9be140d-bac4-4e88-ac88-4ce6af2678fe',10151,10119,'2012-10-04 14:17:31.325000000','2012-10-04 14:17:31.325000000',FALSE,10152,'0DPiKuNIrrVmD8IUCuw1hQxNqZc=',TRUE,FALSE,NULL,'','',0,'admin','admin@oracle.com','',0,'en_US','UTC','Welcome Admin Admin!','','Admin','','Admin','','2012-11-15 02:40:06.223000000','127.0.0.1','2012-11-13 15:24:45.263000000','127.0.0.1',NULL,0,FALSE,NULL,FALSE,TRUE)

My assumption is you could stop Studio. Change fields 8 and 9 in this line (after backing up the .script file) and restart Studio and log back in. My assumption is that you could change this line to something like:

INSERT INTO USER_ VALUES('b9be140d-bac4-4e88-ac88-4ce6af2678fe',10151,10119,'2012-10-04 14:17:31.325000000','2012-10-04 14:17:31.325000000',FALSE,10152,'my_plaintext_password',FALSE,FALSE,NULL,'','',0,'admin','admin@oracle.com','',0,'en_US','UTC','Welcome Admin Admin!','','Admin','','Admin','','2012-11-15 02:40:06.223000000','127.0.0.1','2012-11-13 15:24:45.263000000','127.0.0.1',NULL,0,FALSE,NULL,FALSE,TRUE)

HTH,
    Dan
  • 7. Re: login issue in studio
    Branchbird - Pat Journeyer
    Agree with Dan, you will want to be very careful with the lportal script file.

One note on this is that there seems to be a little bit of an information deficit here in this thread. I searched the thread but I don't see what the original process you followed (were you ever able to log in?) or even what the message you see on the login page is.

For example, when you try and log in, are you getting an Authentication Failure (i.e. incorrect password) or are you getting a different message? Have you checked your log file to see if there's any additional information located in there?

Dan's approach should work if your admin password was somehow modified or expired. However, if it's an actual error related to authentication, resetting the password likely won't fix it.

Patrick
  • 8. Re: login issue in studio
    956063 Newbie
    Thanks Dan I successfully logged in by changing the lportal.script file

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points