This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 9:06 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line

Sam_cl Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Does any one knows if there any way to restart Oracle Apps 11i Output Post Processor (OPP) via the UNIX command line?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Oracle-User wrote:
    Hi All,

Does any one knows if there any way to restart Oracle Apps 11i Output Post Processor (OPP) via the UNIX command line?

Thanks
    It can be done using adcmctl.sh script only and there is no specific script for OPP. You can restart it from the application via (System Administrator responsibility > Concurrent > Manager > Administer), select "Output Post Processor" and click on the "Restart" button.

Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Sam_cl Journeyer
    Hi

Do you recommend that I increase the OPP Processes from 1 to 2? Do you feel that this would reduce the incidents where we get OPP timeout errors?

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Oracle-User wrote:
    Hi

Do you recommend that I increase the OPP Processes from 1 to 2? Do you feel that this would reduce the incidents where we get OPP timeout errors?

Thanks
    It depends on the error you get. Please see these docs.

Concurrent Requests Fail Due to Output Post Processing (OPP) Timeout [ID 352518.1]
    Ouput Post Processing Fails Due To java.lang.ThreadDeath [ID 427233.1]
    Why Does OPP Intermittently Completes With Warnings and Error 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'? [ID 978495.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Sam_cl Journeyer
    Here is an example request log snippet containing a OPP timeout error:
    Post-processing of request 11116744 failed at 15-NOV-2012 07:40:46 with the error message:
    The Output Post-processor is running but has not picked up this request.
    No further attempts will be made to post-process this request, and the request will be marked
    with Warning status.
    Setting the profile option Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout to a higher value may be necessary.
  • 5. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Oracle-User wrote:
    Here is an example request log snippet containing a OPP timeout error:
    Post-processing of request 11116744 failed at 15-NOV-2012 07:40:46 with the error message:
    The Output Post-processor is running but has not picked up this request.
    No further attempts will be made to post-process this request, and the request will be marked
    with Warning status.
    Setting the profile option Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout to a higher value may be necessary.
    Increase the value of "Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout" profile option -- This is already mentioned in the docs referenced above.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Sam_cl Journeyer
    Do you recommend that I set the profile option Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout to a higher value instead of increasing OPP Processes from 1 to 2?

I'm thinking that increasing OPP Response Timeout to a higher value will not solve our issue as it seems that once we get our first OPP Timeout error, all of the requests that need the OPP fail. We've had this occur on a Saturday, which is a day where the volume of jobs that need the OPP is very low.

Thanks
  • 7. Re: Method to restart Oracle Apps 11i OPP via Unix command line
    Oracle-User wrote:
    Do you recommend that I set the profile option Concurrent: OPP Response Timeout to a higher value instead of increasing OPP Processes from 1 to 2?
    Yes.
    I'm thinking that increasing OPP Response Timeout to a higher value will not solve our issue as it seems that once we get our first OPP Timeout error, all of the requests that need the OPP fail. We've had this occur on a Saturday, which is a day where the volume of jobs that need the OPP is very low.
    The error you are getting is related to the timeout and it has nothing to do with the number of OPP processes you are running on. Please set this profile option and check then (after you bounce the OPP).

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points