1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 8:41 AM by Matt J-Oracle RSS

Another parent window already exist for this section

Carlos Benassi
      Hi folks, I'm incrementing some workflows (GSM and NPD) in my instance, unfortunately after I created these workflows I'm facing many issues. The most common issue happens when I'm going to a new step, I receive the message: "another parent window already exist for this section".
      In other cases I receive messages like that:

Server Error in '/npd' Application.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException: Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException: Exception of type 'Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIManagerNotFoundException' was thrown.]
      Xeno.Web.UI.BusinessObjectUIService.BusinessObjectUIService.get_Item(String businessObjectUIMgrId) +190
      Xeno.Prodika.NPD.WebUI.Activity.ActivityLinearWorkflowDataSource.setParams(StringSplitter ss) +101
      Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.intializeObject(Object obj, StringSplitter splitter, ObjectArgs args) +68
      Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.Internal_CreateObject(String name, ObjectArgs args) +310
      Xeno.Prodika.Common.ClassProtocolHandler.CreateObject(String name) +11
      Xeno.Prodika.Common.ObjectLoader.createObject(String name) +64
      Xeno.Web.UI.Common.Popups.LinearWorkflowActionPopup.OnInit(EventArgs e) +64
      System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Carlos
        • 1. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
          Matt J-Oracle
          Hello, Carlos;

can you provide some more details about your use case? steps to reproduce?

also,
          are you using multiple tabs and/or windows in the same IE session?
          Which apps are you getting the, "another parent window already exists..." error? NPD only?
          are you flushing the cache or exporting to a slave environment after you create new workflows?
          • 2. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
            Carlos Benassi
            Hi Matt, reading the thread "Connection Pools fill up for NPD", Tray’s thread, I figured out that the problem could be the same, so I changed the value from 8 to 100 and the issue disappeared. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the issue root case, but I could do my POC without any issue.
            The issue happens when I’m “workflowing” an activity in NPD, but I also faced it “workflwing” a specification in GSM also. The issue is correlated to workflows, I guess.
            I’m just using one IE 8.0 windows, exception when a second or third window shows up spontaneously. I flushed the cache.
            • 3. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
              Trey
              Hmmm interesting. Carlos, what version of PLM for Process are you running?
              • 4. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                Matt J-Oracle
                I believe Carlos is on 6.1.0.1. I have passed his information on to the developer and asked him to watch this forum for additional information.

thank you,

-M
                • 5. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                  Carlos Benassi
                  The version is 6.1.0.0, fresh install. I didn't apply any patch on that.
                  Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Oct 31, 2012 1:55 PM
                  • 6. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                    Segal
                    Hi Carlos. Would you upgrade to the latest, 6.1.0.2 and retry. If you receive the same error please create an SR.
                    Thanks.

Segal
                    • 7. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                      Carlos Benassi
                      Hi Segal, thank you for your time.
                      From My Oracle Support, Patches and Updates, Advanced Search tab, I only can find patches for v 6.1.0. May you provide me some ID?

Regards
                      Carlos
                      • 8. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                        Matt J-Oracle
                        Here is the direct link. https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/PatchResultsNDetails?_adf.ctrl-state=14s9rjlznr_9&releaseId=41166100&requestId=15668892&patchId=14673723&languageId=0&platformId=912&_afrLoop=159917996916482
                        • 9. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                          Carlos Benassi
                          Thank you Matt and Segal and Trey, how is a VM - DEMO/POC environment, I can backup it easily and apply the patches. I'm gonna do that and I'll let you know about the progress.
                          Anyway, thank you for your time.

Regards
                          Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Nov 19, 2012 5:49 PM
                          • 10. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                            Matt J-Oracle
                            BTW, 6.1.0.1 is a prerequisite for the 6.1.0.2 Service Pack. you can download it, here, https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/PatchResultsNDetails?_adf.ctrl-state=159ux6w84x_9&releaseId=41166100&requestId=14722853&patchId=13894039&languageId=0&platformId=912&_afrLoop=165850022816468
                            • 11. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                              Carlos Benassi
                              Thank you Matt, both file downloaded, starting upgrade.

Regards
                              Carlos
                              • 12. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                                Carlos Benassi
                                Matt, after applying successfully the p13894039_610_WINNT.zip patch, at least the I got the the message "Processed - with no errors", I can't reach the portal site anymore.
                                I'm facing the following error: SqlException (0x80131904):
                                A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
                                System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
                                System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
                                System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
                                System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
                                Xeno.Data.XDataObjectConnection.Open() +33
                                Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.internal_lock(IXDataObjectConnection connection) +226
                                Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.getConnection() +717
                                Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.getConnection(Int32 timeOut) +86
                                Xeno.Data.XDataQueryIsolated.execute(String statement) +92
                                Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoaderHelper.SetupCacheHelpers(Hashtable cacheHelpers) +58
                                Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoaderHelper.GetCacheHelperObjects() +42
                                Xeno.Prodika.Translation.Loaders.Database.StandardTranslationCacheDataLoader.Load(ITranslationManagerAdmin manager) +122
                                Xeno.Prodika.Translation.TranslationManager..ctor(ITranslationCacheDataLoader loader) +244
                                Xeno.Prodika.Translation.TranslationManagerFactory.createTranslationManager(ITranslationCacheDataLoader loader) +28
                                Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManager.InitializeState_Internal(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context, IXDataManager manager, ITransactionManager transactionManager) +199
                                Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManager.InitializeState(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context) +223
                                Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManagerFactory.Xeno.Prodika.Application.IApplicationManagerFactory.CreateApplicationManagerSession(ISessionState state, IExecutionContext context) +22
                                Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.EnsureInitialized() +150
                                Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_ApplicationManager() +12
                                Xeno.Prodika.XML.XmlMergeHelper.get_UsePlatform() +41

By the way I'm using an Oracle DB and I also noticed that RemoteContainnerService services is stopping suddenly.

Any guess?
                                Regards
                                Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Benassi on Nov 27, 2012 3:05 PM
                                • 13. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                                  Matt J-Oracle
                                  Carlos,

did you diff and merge the changes for files in the config file directory, or did you replace them with the new config files? specifically, look at config\environmentvariables.config and config\custom\environmentsettings.config. make sure your connect string is still correct in environmentvariables.config and the adapter factory config line is still in your environmentsettings.config.

-M
                                  • 14. Re: Another parent window already exist for this section
                                    Carlos Benassi
                                    Hi Matt, I previously didn't change the files environmentvariables.config and environmentsettings.config. So I didn’t have the connection to DB set up. To fix that I tried to different methods, copy and paste the v6.0.0 files, from my running environment, and merge the files from 6.0.0 to the 6.0.1.
                                    Now I can't start Remote Container Service, I'm getting a message that says: Could not start RemoteContainerService on a local computer. Error 1067. The process terminated Unexpectedly.
                                    When I try to reach the portal I get the following error:

'server' is an invalid connection string attribute
                                    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
                                    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: 'server' is an invalid connection string attribute
                                    Source Error:
                                    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
                                    Stack Trace:
                                    [ArgumentException: 'server' is an invalid connection string attribute]
                                    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.ParseConnectionString() +2798
                                    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +369
                                    Xeno.Data.XDataObjectConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +41
                                    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool.internal_create() +132
                                    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool..ctor(Int32 min, Int32 max, Int64 expirationTime, String connectString, Boolean isDisconnected, IXDBAdapterFactory dbAdapterFactory) +339
                                    Xeno.Data.XDbConnectionPool..ctor(Int32 min, Int32 max, Int64 expirationTime, String connectString, IXDBAdapterFactory dbAdapterFactory) +54
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Config.ConnectionPoolConfig.Xeno.Prodika.Config.IConnectionPoolConfig.CreatePool() +116
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Manager.ApplicationManagerFactory.Xeno.Prodika.Application.IApplicationManagerFactory.CreateApplicationManager(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, IApplicationState state) +188
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade.get_AppState() +135
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.AbstractPlatformFacade..ctor(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +97
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeImpl..ctor(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +64
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryImpl.Create_Internal(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +41
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryBase.Create(String configFile, String configRoot, String profile, String uid, String pwd) +24
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryImpl.Create_Internal(String configRoot) +14
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.PlatformFacadeFactoryBase.Create(String configRoot) +12
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.ProdikaWebFacadeHelper.GetPlatformFacade(HttpSessionState session) +187
                                    Xeno.Prodika.Application.Facade.ProdikaWebFacadeHelper.GetPlatformFacade(HttpContext hContext) +95
                                    Xeno.Web.Modules.FormsAuthenticationHelperModule.GetPlatformFacade(HttpContext ctx) +14
                                    Xeno.Web.Modules.FormsAuthenticationHelperModule.PlatformAuthenticationTokenHandler(Object sender, EventArgs args) +599
                                    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
                                    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Regards
                                    Carlos
                                    1 2 Previous Next