8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 10:14 AM by Paulo RSS

Textarea - readonly - wrap text

Paulo
      Hi,

I have a Textarea item which in its "HTML Form Element Attributes" has style="width: 132px;".

The source is "Database Column".

There is a Read only condition.

The problem is that sometime the value of the field is a loooooong string of characters without any spaces (only comma separates values). So, when the "Read only" condition is met, the width of the page go a lot more than the screen because of that item.

I was hoping than using some HMTL code in "Read Only Element Table Cell(s) Attributes" will correct the display like this:
      width:132px; word-wrap:break-word;

But, it doesn't do anything.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Note: I'm using ApEx 4.1.0.00.32
        • 1. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
          fac586
          Paulo wrote:
          Hi,

I have a Textarea item which in its "HTML Form Element Attributes" has style="width: 132px;".

The source is "Database Column".

There is a Read only condition.

The problem is that sometime the value of the field is a loooooong string of characters without any spaces (only comma separates values). So, when the "Read only" condition is met, the width of the page go a lot more than the screen because of that item.

I was hoping than using some HMTL code in "Read Only Element Table Cell(s) Attributes" will correct the display like this:
          width:132px; word-wrap:break-word;

But, it doesn't do anything.

What should I do?
          "Attributes" means exactly that: specify HTML attributes for the element. In this case you want to add in-line styling so you have to actually include a <tt>style</tt> attribute in full:
          style="width:132px; word-wrap:break-word;"
          • 2. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
            Paulo
            Not working...

Thanks anyway.
            • 3. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
              fac586
              Paulo wrote:
              Not working...
              Provide the following information and/or reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com:

<li>Full APEX version
              <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
              <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
              <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
              <li>Theme
              <li>Template(s)
              <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)
              • 4. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
                Paulo
                -Application Express 4.1.0.00.32
                -Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
                -ApEx listener
                -Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
                -Blue Gray 13
                -The Textarea item appears on a HTML Text Region (Form Region Template)
                • 5. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
                  fac586
                  Try:
                  style="max-width:132px; word-wrap:break-word;"
                  • 6. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
                    Paulo
                    Not working in Internet Explorer, but works in Firefox (version 17.0).
                    • 7. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
                      fac586
                      Paulo wrote:
                      Not working in Internet Explorer, but works in Firefox (version 17.0).
                      Working here in IE8. Suggest you try to reproduce on apex.oracle.com.
                      • 8. Re: Textarea - readonly - wrap text
                        Paulo
                        http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=54131:1

Look at field "Cust Street Address2".

In Firefox 17.0, word-wrap ok. In Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702, not working.

Could someone with another Internet Explorer make a try and tell me if it's wrapping?