This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 2:02 PM by jfosteroracle RSS

Report row limit?

jfosteroracle Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a report and there should be a total 4212 records. In my APEX report it is cutting off at 500 records. Should I be able to display (and download from report) greater than 500 records? Is it possible some setting is limiting my report to 500 records? I can run the same SELECT statement used in the report and I get 4212 records.

Thanks,
John
  • 1. Re: Report row limit?
    Vite DBA Pro
    Hi John,

reports have a maximum row count in the Pagination section.

Regards
    Andre
  • 2. Re: Report row limit?
    jfosteroracle Newbie
    I just saw that. That field is blank in my report. So maybe if it is blank it defaults to 500? My problem is that I don't know what the maximum number of records is going to be. It could be pretty high. These are FISH that are being counted.
  • 3. Re: Report row limit?
    Vite DBA Pro
    Hi,

yes it does have a default. You can set this as high as you want, but higher settings may cause a performance hit, but certainly something higher than ~5000 records shouldn't cause any major problems. From a practical point of view, what user is going to want to page through 1000's of pages to get to the millionth row any way.

Regards
    Andre
  • 4. Re: Report row limit?
    jfosteroracle Newbie
    Right. The main function of the report in this case, is to allow the user to download the result of the report to a CSV file. So its not so much that the person will page through all of the data in the application. I need to make sure all of the data is in the Download file.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points