9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 12:46 AM by user8005602

<Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry

user8005602
      Hi guys,

I have deleted some journals but it seems data is still there, even when there are not journals anymore. We actually have some problems with the journals (we have installed Patch# 9020842). It's something really weird but when I check the POV with SmartView, I can actually see the data of the journal that had been deleted (the same value but negative).

Have you evere experienced an error like this? Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
          JDN
          Assuming that this journal was posted in the previous month and also assuming the adjustment was to either a PL or CF account then the behavior you are seeing would be normal. If your application is set to YTD and you do not re-post a PL or CF journal then you will see it essentially "auto-reverse" the next month which is why you are seeing the negative values. If you were to look at this data in a data grid it would show up as very light numbers.

Regards,
          Jason
          • 2. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
            user8005602
            Hi Jason,

Yes, this is a PL account and is set YTD. When I post again the journal, I got a 0 value. Does it mean we have to add 2 journals? Is it possible to "reverse" this automatic movement of the application?

Thanks for your help.
            • 3. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
              JDN
              Sorry, I don't understand the two journal comment. What are you trying to accomplish here? You could change the metadata setting on your actual scenario to periodic vs. YTD, but that could have implications elsewhere depending on how data is loaded to the application, etc.
              • 4. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                user8005602
                This is the thing:

We have posted journals por month 4 and month 5. Then, we had problems with the application, so we installed a patch. We uposted all journals and then posted them again in month 5. Here we realized that the value was 0. We unposted again the journals and discovered that there was a value there, wich was the negative of the original value (let's say the original value in the was 2, so the value with no journal that the SmartView brought was -2). So we thought that we could post 2 journals: a journal to "neutralize" the negative value in the celll and an additional one to have the value we need (in the example, two journals with the amount "2"). I'm not quite sure how to delete the negative value in Entity Curr Adjs, since it's unbalancing period #5... Is there any way to delete it?

Hope I explained myself.

Thanks for your patience and time, Jason!
                • 5. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                  JDN
                  Okay, I think where you might be getting hung up is that all of your HFM journals are going to be on a YTD basis. As an example if you posted a journal in Jan = 10, Feb =25, Mar =30, Apr = 30 then you periodic values would be jan=10, feb = 15, mar = 5 and apr = 0. If your application is set to YTD and you simply re-post a PL journal the periodic value is always going to be 0. I hope this helps.

Jason
                  • 6. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                    user8005602
                    Hi Jason,

I just checked the settings. The app is set to YTD but the account that is showing the negative result is an "Expense" type account. What we'd need is to delete this negative value (that seems to be "stuck" in the pov) so when we repost the journal with the original value (which is the positive form of the value that can be seen right now, even if there's no journal) instead of 0, we get the value that is in the journal that we're posting. We thought we should delete the value in the database, but we're not sure if there's an easier way...

I'm really sorry if I cannot explain myself. English is not my mother tongue. :)

Thank you!
                    • 7. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                      JDN
                      Okay, just to be clear, just because it is an expense account, the journals you post are still the YTD value and HFM is going to back into the periodic value. So, going back to your example, you need to consider what your YTD value is in month 4 and then post your journal, on a YTD basis, to get to your desired periodic value in month 5. So, if in month 4 your YTD value is 10 and you want a periodic value of 2 in month 5 you need to post your journal as 12. I hope this helps.

Regards,
                      Jason
                      • 8. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                        user8005602
                        Hi Jason,

I understand your point. But the problem with the application is that only months 5, 6 and 7 have no journal (we deleted them) and a negative value (which is the negative amount of the deleted journals) stored at <Entity Curr Adjs>. The other months work OK. In those months, you can actually delete a journal, then load it again and you find the value you have in the journal.

We'll keep on researching. :)
                        • 9. Re: <Entity Curr Ads> shows value with no journal entry
                          user8005602
                          Again, issue with the database. Once the dba review the issue, it works OK.