This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 2:41 AM by ac4991 RSS

Downloading seeded OA Project

ac4991 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts,

I'm trying to download a seeded project of sales module, "Sales Dashboard" i.e '/oracle/apps/asn/dashboard/webui/DashboardPG'.
But the problem is i'm not getting the PG and RN xml files, so i'm actually able to get the whole project downloaded into my local m/c java home, how it is to be done.
Still not able to work without the PG and RN files.

Another thing is how to figure out which all files are required for customizing a particular page bcoz as in the server location i find all files mixed up with other page files classes and controllers.

So, plz help me out experts.

Regards
Ari
  • 1. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

You will not get seeded PG and RN files at $JAVA_TOP.
    Go to appl_top/mds directory, there you will find the same path as '/oracle/apps/asn/dashboard/webui'. Here all the PG and RN files are stored.

Also, you can check from back end:

begin
    jdr_utils.printdocument(/oracle/apps/asn/dashboard/webui/DashboardPG);
    end;

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 2. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Shrikant A Explorer
    Hi ,
    I think you are using R12 instance. So please collect your XML files from MDS.
    eg. Path "/u03/oracle/pdev/apps/apps_st/appl/pos/12.0.0/mds/changeorder/webui/yourXML"

--
    Thanks,
    Shrikant
  • 3. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    ac4991 Newbie
    Hi Sushant & Shrikant,

Thanks a lot for the respective replies :)

I'm now able to locate the files. Thanks a lot.
    Another thing is, suppose i'm looking forward to customize the "CustSearchPG" in the sales module. How to know which files to download or which all files are respective to this particular project bcoz when i'm opening the mds from $APPL_TOP i get a lot of files which i doubt is required to be downloaded. Same goes to the BC4J components, which all to download?

*May be i'm not able to explain myself that clearly. If u got my objective clear 'Thank god', if not 'plz gimme a poke'.
    And yeah .. plz reply ASAP .. :D

Regards
    Ari
  • 4. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Shrikant A Explorer
    Hi Ari,
    Please Go to that Page == > use About this page. Check for the required AM,EO,and VO Object. (which is used by that page) collect only those file. I hope you get me.

--
    Thanks,
    Shrikant
  • 5. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

What exactly you want to personalize/customize?

If you want to extend a controller, then only move that controller class file to your local jDev and create a new java file extending from that seeded controller.
    Write your logic in that and later compile the custom controller on server itself. So, there is no need to move all the files to local.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 6. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    ac4991 Newbie
    Hi Shrikant & Sushant,

Thanks for the immediate response.. :)

I got ur point, yes i'm able to locate the AM,VO and EO related to my zone of customization.
    Actually i need to add a custom field in one of the query table region using some custom logic. So, i believe i would be needing the PG, RN and the particular EO,VO and AM .class and .xml files. Am i correct? Or do i also need something else? Plz guide me.

Few doubts or rather questions i have..
    1.) As i'm downloading only a part of the project, what should be my local m/c package settings? (i mean how exactly should i keep the downloaded files in my java home?)
    2.) Won't the project give me compilation errors locally coz i don't have all the files of the project? So how to test it or diagnose my customization locally?
    3.) How to re-compile it on server?

Plz answer my queries, i need to start with this work & like i'm already running behind schedule. Plz help me guyzz
    Regards
    Ari
  • 7. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

You can create the new field from front end itself using 'Personalize this Page' link. So there is no need to get the PG.xml file however you can get that for your own reference.
    Put your seeded controller file at myclasses folder at the same location as on server (oracle/apps/..webui/)

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 8. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    ac4991 Newbie
    Hi Sushant,

Thanks for the immediate response.. :)

Yes, i can add item in query table through page personalization. But also i need to extend the EO and VO. How to do that, i mean i need to store the value of the item in database, attach an LOV with it. So is it possible through personalization?

Plz reply ASAP
    Regards
    Ari

Edited by: ac4991 on Nov 28, 2012 2:29 AM
  • 9. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

If you want to extend EO based on VO, refer below links:

https://blogs.oracle.com/prajkumar/entry/entity_object_extension_in_oaf
    http://oracleanil.blogspot.in/2010/11/eo-based-vo-extension-in-oaf-r12.html

Also let me know your exact requirement.

--Sushant
    sushantsh51@gmail.com
  • 10. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    ac4991 Newbie
    Hi Sushant,

Thanks a ton for replying .. :)

My exact requirement is to customize the Email Interactions table in the customers page under the Sales module.
    Details:
    1.) I need to add a custom field to define interaction status(E.g: Active,Inactive etc) which would be of 'messageChoice' type and its data to be stored in the table JTF_IH_INTERACTIONS as ATTRIBUTE.

Problems or Questions facing:
    1.) Whether there is a need to customize or personalize to featurize this requirement or do we already have a seeded functionality to put an end date over the interactions
    without implementing 'Oracle Email Center'.
    2.) Can we pull off this whole requirement by personalization or we need to customize?
    (Personally i feel personalization won't help as here we need a view instance of lookup values to display the messageChoice, and also we don't have any EO to this Query table
    since seeded functionality is only for view purpose and what i'm trying to do here is a DML on the table so i believe if not there we need to add an EO also) *So this comes as
    EO,VO and CO Extension.
    3.) As i have identified the VO,CO and EO(to be added) which is to be extended, so what files shall i download now? .. And also won't the project give me compilation errors locally
    bcoz i'll be downloading only a part of the whole project.
    4.) How to re-deploy this into the Apps Environment?

Plz answer these questions .. and also if my requirement is not clear to u, then plz temme.

Regards
    Ari

Edited by: ac4991 on Nov 29, 2012 2:03 AM
  • 11. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

First check if attributes are there in standard VO query. If yes, then create your custom item from front end and map that to VO attribute.

You just need to perform VO substitution for this.
    Get all the VO related files to your local and move to myclasses folder under the same directory structure as on server (/oracle/apps/../server/).

Then create a new VO extending from the standard one and then from project properties, perform the substitution.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 12. Re: Downloading seeded OA Project
    ac4991 Newbie
    Hi Sushant,

Yepp !! I've checked the attributes. No, the required attributes ain't available in the standard VO query. Also, as i explained above that the VO isn't based on any EO and the existing QueryTableRN named 'EmailInteractions' is a view-only design. So, don't we need to add an EO to it?

*I went through the blogs you suggested. Its very helpful. Thanks once again.
    Regards
    Ari

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points