0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 4:39 PM by 954145

WCS Installation Issue on Linux VM

Hi All,

I am facing problem while trying to install WCS on a Linux VM(having Oracle 11g as DB and WebLogic as App Server).

I am following two documents for WCS installation:
      1.     webcenter_sites_11gr1_bp1_configuring_supporting_software.pdf
      2.     webcenter_sites_11gr1_install_on_weblogic.pdf

Steps I followed so far:
      1.     Installed Oracle DB, created a DB(contentDB) for WCS and added a user to this DB instance.
      2.     Installed WebLogic, created a domain, a managed web server for WCS.
      3.     In WebLogic, created a DataSource to connect to DB instance created in Step 1 above. The DataSource connection is successful.
      4.     I used silent installaltion path using omii.ini file. Please find below the content in the omii.ini file that I am using.
      5.     I created two web applications in weblogic, one for CS and another for CAS, then also modified the four cache XML files as mentioned in oracle pdf documentation.
      6.     Finally, I am able to see the HelloCS test page on my browser. The URL for this page is http://localhost:7003/cs/HelloCS.

Errors:
      1.     I get error ‘page cannot be found’ when I try to access http://localhost:7003/cs/login.
      2.     When I start the managed weblogic server through a terminal window in linux, the server gets started in running mode, but one exception is thrown during the startup:
      “Caused By: java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [cas.properties] cannot be opened because it does not exist”

Can someone help to get this URL(http://localhost:7003/cs/login) up and running?

=========================
      bea_omii.ini file content:

#ContentServer install properties
      #Thu Apr 17 12:03:27 IST 2008
      # Content Server Information
      # Specify the directory where you want to install Content Server i.e on windows C\:/csinstall on unix /opt/csinstall
      CSInstallDirectory=/home/oracle/oracle/webcenter/csinstall
      # Path to the Shared Directory i.e on windows C\:/csinstall/Shared on unix /opt/csinstall/Shared
      CSInstallSharedDirectory=/home/oracle/oracle/webcenter/csinstall/Shared
      # For delivery installation set Development to false
      Development=true
      # CSInstallType single/upgrade/cluster default is single only needed for upgrade or cluster
      #CSInstallType=single
      # This is to select APPSERVER Note: PORTALSERVER is not supported
      CSInstallPlatformType=APPSERVER
      # Set the application/portal server you want to install
      # Possible options are: wls92 for ( weblogic server), websphere60 (for webshpere), tomcat5 (for tomcat)
      CSInstallAppServerType=wls92
      # Set the path to the server directory ex. For weblogic, on windows CSInstallAppServerPath=C\:\\bea\\wlserver_10.3
      # on unix CSInstallAppServerPath=/u01/software/bea/wlserver_10.3
      CSInstallAppServerPath=/home/oracle/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3
      # [WEBLOGIC ONLY] Set the path to the weblogic domain i.e. on windows CSInstallWLDomainPath=C\:/bea/user_projects/domains/base_domain
      # on unix CSInstallWLDomainPath=/u01/software/bea/user_projects/domains/base_domain
      CSInstallWLDomainPath=/home/oracle/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/csDomain
      # [WEBLOGIC ONLY] Set the weblogic domain name i.e. base_domain name from path C\:/bea/user_projects/domains/base_domain
      CSInstallAdminDomainName=csDomain
      # Option for manual deployment (Should always be set to true)
      CSInstallbManual=true
      #Manual deployment needs to set the path where installer has to explode the war
      CSManualDeployPath=/home/oracle/oracle/webcenter/sites

# Set the context path for your web application for example /cs/
      sCgiPath=/cs/
      # Set the database type Possible options
      #CSInstallDatabaseType= [SQL Server, DB2, Oracle10]
      CSInstallDatabaseType=Oracle10
      # Set the data source name
      CSInstallDBDSN=WCSDataSource

# By default it is installed as a primary cluster member. To install as cluster member make CSInstallType=cluster.
      CSInstallType=single
      #WEM installation
      IsWEMInstall=TRUE

#hostname where cs is installed
      CASHostName=localhost
      # port number of cs installation
      CASPortNumber=7003
      #Server HostName of internally accessible CAS
      CASHostNameLocal=localhost
      #Server PortNumber of internally accessible CAS
      CASPortNumberLocal=7003
      #Server HostName where CAS is actually deployed
      CASHostNameActual=localhost

# Select the default logger name (possible values com.fatwire.cs.core.logging.StandardLog, com.fatwire.cs.core.logging.TraditionalLog
      # com.fatwire.cs.core.logging.StandardTraditionalLog , org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
      LoggerName=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
      # Set the host name where the application will be running
      CSInstallWebServerAddress=localhost
      # Set the port number where the application will be running
      CSInstallWebServerPort=8080
      # Set this property to true if you are installing Spark
      CSInstallSpark=false

# Sample Sites Information
      # Set this true if you want to install Avisports sample site.
      Avisports=true
      # CS-Direct and CS-Direct Advantage properties. Please don't touch them
      ContentCentre=true
      CatalogCentre=true
      # Set this true if you want to install CS Engage otherwise false
      MarketingStudio=true
      # Set this to true if you want to install Commerce Connectors
      CommerceConnector=true
      # Set this to true to install Structure and Navigation for FS2 this is only installed if this is development mode
      FSCore=true
      # Set this to true to install Engage Extensions for Structure and Navigation. This depends on Development and FSCore
      FSEngageCore=true
      # Set this to true to install Store Schema. This depends on Development and FSCore
      FSStoreSchema=true
      # Set this to true to install Engage Extensions for Store Schema. This depends on Development, CommereceConnector and FSEngageCore
      FSEngageStoreSchema=true
      # Set this to true to install Document Schema. This depends on Development and FSCore
      FSDocSchema=true
      # Set this to true to install Sample Visitors. This depends on Development and FSCore
      FSLocalUser=true
      # Set this to true to install Pretty URL Package. This depends on Development and FSCore
      FSPrettyURL=true
      # Set this to true to install Store Demo Data. This depends on Development and FSStoreSchema
      FSStoreDemoData=true
      # Set this to true to install Document Demo Data. This depends on Development and FSDocSchema
      FSDocDemoData=true
      # Set this to true to install Engage Store Data. This depends on Development,FSStoreDemoData,FSEngageStoreSchema and FSStoreSchema
      FSEngageStoreDemoData=true
      # If you want to install First Site II Site View set it true otherwise false. This depends on Development and FSStoreSchema
      FSSiteView=true
      # Set this to true to install Analytics. This depends on Development,FSCore,FSEngageCore,FSStoreSchema,CommerceConnector and CatalogCentre
      FSAnalytics=true
      # Set this to true to install Legacy (core) asset types (Article, Linkset). This depends on Development and ContentCentre
      CCSampleAssets=true
      # Set this to true to install Burlington Financial asset types. This depends on Development and ContentCentre
      CCSampleAssetsBF=true
      # Set this to true to install Engage and Analytics extensions for Burlington Financial. This depends on Development,MarketingStudio and ContentCentre
      MSSampleAssetsBF=true
      # Set this to true to install HelloAssetWorld asset types. This depends on Development and ContentCentre
      CCSampleAssetsHW=true
      # Set this to true to install GE Lighting asset types. This depends on Development and ContentCentre
      CatCSampleAssets=true
      # Set this to true to install Hello World sample site. This depends on Development and ContentCentre
      CCSampleSiteHW=true
      # Set this to true to install Burlington Financial sample site. This depends on CCSampleAssets and CCSampleAssetsBF
      CCSampleSiteBF=true
      # Set this to true to install Burlington Financial Extensions sample site.
      MSSampleSiteBF=true
      # Set this to true to install GE Lighting sample site.
      MSSampleSiteGE=true
      # Spark sample site components
      # Set this to true to install Document Management sample asset types
      DMSampleAssets=false
      # Set this to true to install Content Management sample asset types
      WCMSampleAssets=false
      # Set this to true to install Base Components
      SparkSampleSite=false
      # Set this to true to install Sample Data
      SparkSampleData=false
      # Set this to true to install Sample Portlets. Set this true if this is a portal server
      SparkSamplePortlets=false
      ====================================================

Thanks a Lot
      Mohit