This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 7:05 AM by 689381 RSS

Decision: 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2

StLanger Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

actually we have installed HFM version 11.1.1.3.
Now we are planning to update to a newer version.

Does anyone get some experiences with this version?
We are not sure which version is better.

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Decision: 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2
    689381 Newbie
    Hi,

Acually we have clients in both 11.1.2.1 and 11.1.2.2, the big change in 11.1.2.2 is the user interface, now is web 2.0 with multi-tasking option, now you could have multiple modules opened at the sime time; if you are using EquityPickUp rules or IC tranzactions module, you must go to 11.1.2.2.300 the last patch set update, because in the 11.1.2.2 this modules was disabled. The functionally remains the same, if you aren't plan to rebulid your application to use more than 4 custom dimension, is basically the same in both versions.

So i think the decision remains in if you want new user interface, with multi tasking, that need final user re-training, or keep the same things just in a new number of version.
  • 2. Re: Decision: 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2
    StLanger Newbie
    Hi,

thanks for the fast response!
    I've heard that the new version 11.1.2.2 makes many problems, but which version makes no problems :-)
    Are you happy with version 11.1.2.2??

Edited by: StLanger on 28.11.2012 09:26
  • 3. Re: Decision: 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2
    976766 Newbie
    Hi,

Well the enviroment seems to be stable, and i had really enjoyed the new interfaz, something that bothers me is the new POV selector in DEF's because is a little bit more complicated than the previos version, but i think is while you get used with it. in the DataGrids you can select "favorites" members to avoid open the full POV selector.

In resume i think if you have open mind to new things you will find the new version very usefull.
  • 4. Re: Decision: 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2
    689381 Newbie
    Hi,

Well the enviroment seems to be stable, and i had really enjoyed the new interfaz, something that bothers me is the new POV selector in DEF's because is a little bit more complicated than the previos version, but i think is while you get used with it. in the DataGrids you can select "favorites" members to avoid open the full POV selector.

In resume i think if you have open mind to new things you will find the new version very usefull.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points