This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 10:12 AM by Raziuddin Ansari RSS

HRMS Analytics configuration for Oracle EBS

Raziuddin Ansari Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,
I have to configure HRMS Analytics for Oracle EBS(Referring Configuration Guide for OBIA 7.9.6.3) , I am new to OBIA :

I just started working domain Values (csv files), I have few queries for the same:

1. Is is necessary to Use the query mentioned in the OBIA Setup guide , to get the Domain Values. Can we use different query to extract the Domain Values ?
What is the effect if query is changed ?

2. Some csv are for 11i instance ,so does it mean , it is not required to configure those csv files for R12 ?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Razi
  • 1. Re: HRMS Analytics configuration for Oracle EBS
    AhsanShah Expert
    Here are the answers to the questions:

1. Is is necessary to Use the query mentioned in the OBIA Setup guide , to get the Domain Values. Can we use different query to extract the Domain Values ?
    What is the effect if query is changed ?

A: Not necessairily. The query is there to help you gather the relevant data but this is a functional exercise. If a HR Functional person on your team can identify the relevant domains, events, etc, then you can populate it manually. The goal is to get the relevant EBS domain values and map to the BI requirements. The query is a fast way to get the list of the existing values from the EBS DB.

2. Some csv are for 11i instance ,so does it mean , it is not required to configure those csv files for R12 ?

A: If the COnfig Guide specifically has a section for R12 versus 11..then you need to follow for the version you are on. However, there are general "EBS" configurations that you need to do for both versions. Rule of thumb, if it doesnt specific the version, then it needs to be done for both.

If helpful, pls mark correct or helpful
  • 2. Re: HRMS Analytics configuration for Oracle EBS
    Raziuddin Ansari Newbie
    Hi Ahsan,
    I have extracted the Data from EBS and mapped it to create Configuration File. However I have few questions for one specific Config file :

For the domainValues_Pay_Type_Grp_Code_ora11i file , we need to map Element names to Pay Type group and group description. Now can be have as many Pay Type groups as required.( For e.g For Housing Allowance, I have 10 elements so I will assign them Pay Type group as Housing Allowance ? )

Also will this group be directly visible in the Compensation Analysis Report in the Dashboard.

Any heads up on this , will be really helpfull.

Regards,
    Razi
  • 3. Re: HRMS Analytics configuration for Oracle EBS
    AhsanShah Expert
    Try to check which columns in the final TARGET table that CSV is populating. Then, check the UNIQUE INDEX on that table (usually its in INTEGRATION ID and DATASOURCE_NUM). If you see that the Pay Type Group having duplicates results in a index break on IINTEGRATION_ID, then there is an issue. If not, then you should be fine.

Pls mark correct/helpful
  • 4. Re: HRMS Analytics configuration for Oracle EBS
    Raziuddin Ansari Newbie
    Hi ,
    Thanks for the reply. I will check the Target column and see the impact.

Regards.
    Razi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points