7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 2:56 PM by parrda RSS

missing class file for extended controller

parrda
      Any response/advice is greatly appreciated.

I've searched the forums, and I saw some had this error, but the post wasn't resolved. We are on 12.1.3. I've done this plenty of times when we were on 11.5.10 with great success. I've personalize a page to look at my extendedController, bounced apache:
      adapcctl.sh stop
      adoacorectl.sh stop
      adoacorectl.sh start
      adapcctl.sh start

Web page brings up:

oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: oracle.jbo.JboException: JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught: oracle.classloader.util.AnnotatedNoClassDefFoundError, msg= Missing class: emsc.oracle.apps.emscper.dor.webui.ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO (wrong name: ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO) Dependent class: emsc.oracle.apps.emscper.dor.webui.ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO Loader: oacore.root:0.0.0 Code-Source: /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes/ Configuration: <library> in /demsci/applmgr/common/webapps/oacore/

Verified spelling, ensure class file is where it is suppose to be:
      $ echo $JAVA_TOP
      /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes

$ echo `pwd`
      /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes/emsc/oracle/apps/emscper/dor/webui

Created new /dor/webui directory as user applmgr.

$ ls -ltr $JAVA_TOP/emsc/oracle/apps/emscper/dor/webui
      total 9
      -rw-r--r-- 1 apdemsci aademsci 3243 Nov 28 18:26 ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.java
      -rwxrwxrwx 1 apdemsci aademsci 3710 Nov 28 18:26 ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.class

ClassPath has the $JAVA_TOP listed:
      /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes

Thanks
        • 1. Re: missing class file for extended controller
          keerthioaf
          Hi ,

Is this your extended controller class "ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO " ??

Keerthi
          • 2. Re: missing class file for extended controller
            parrda
            Correct, my extended controller class name is: ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO

Native Controller is at:
            $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui/DocsOfRecordUpdateCO.class
            Extended Controller:
            $JAVA_TOP/emsc/oracle/apps/emscper/dor/webui/ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.class
            • 3. Re: missing class file for extended controller
              keerthioaf
              Please try this ,

Put your jave file in $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui/ExtnDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.java

Compile in server using putty and generate class file and add from personalization and bounce apache and test .

And one more thing i was closely looking into the your standard package and custom package it needs some changes , please change it as following .

Standard JAVATOP : $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui

Your Custom Top : $JAVA_TOP/emsc/oracle/apps/emscper/dor/webui

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change your custom top to : $JAVA_TOP/emsc/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui/

Keerthi

Edited by: keerthioaf on Nov 29, 2012 10:37 AM
              • 4. Re: missing class file for extended controller
                parrda
                I moved the extended class to the standard directory: $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui
                Recompiled it there
                From Functional Administrator, changed the path of the extended controller to the standard path:
                oracle.apps.per.dor.webui.ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO
                Bounced apache/cleared cached.

Received the same error, very strange....

Missing class: oracle.apps.per.dor.webui.ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO (wrong name: ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO) Dependent class: oracle.apps.per.dor.webui.ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO Loader: oacore.root:0.0.0 Code-Source: /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes/ Configuration: <library> in /demsci/applmgr/common/webapps/oacore/

Verified the class file is there and it is where it is suppose to be:

$ pwd
                /demsci/applmgr/common/java/classes/oracle/apps/per/dor/webui
                you have mail in /var/spool/mail/apdemsci
                $ ls -ltr ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.class
                -rw-r--r-- 1 apdemsci aademsci 3710 Nov 29 15:29 ExtDocsOfRecordUpdateCO.class

Makes no sense...

For your other point, I don't want rename the subdirectory since we have other extensions dependent on the path name.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: missing class file for extended controller
                  Hi,
                  Read that controller and compile it and import if any one file from that controller missing or not from server....

Thanks,
                  Neil
                  • 6. Re: missing class file for extended controller
                    parrda
                    Thanks all for replying to this thread. I figured it out. I did not list the "package" in my class file:

package emsc.oracle.apps.emscper.dor.webui;

Once I did that/rebounced apache, and now the page works as expected. The original error makes more sense to me now as oppose to why the class file couldn't be found.
                    • 7. Re: missing class file for extended controller
                      parrda
                      closing thread