This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 2:05 AM by Sridhar Yerram RSS

Need answers to some questions

925715 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

Can anyone answer my questions:

1.Can we work on two projects, both involve OA Framework.
One instance is on 11.5.10-Rollup2
Other instance is on R12-Rollup4
Can you setup up development environment for both these instances on your PC/Laptop?

2. Off the following levels in Personalizations, i.e. Responsibility Level, Site Level and Function level, which level has highest and least priority?
3.How do you create User Level Personalizations?
Please explain the steps
4.Where is dbc file located on the server? Is dbc file used by jDeveloper at RunTime or DesignTime?
5.What is the sequence of Personalizations override?
Responsibility Level
Site Level
Function Level
Organization Level
User Level
6.Lets say a PageA has been personalized in Development and UAT environments. Is it possible to merge the personalizations done to same page in two different environments, using Functional Administrator?
  • 1. Re: Need answers to some questions
    keerthioaf Expert
    Kumar ,

1)Jeveloper comes up with the different patch for various instance , you can't use the same patch(version) for 11 i and R12 . It should be differnt .

3) While doing personalization for item / region you can select the level of personalization(site / function/user / responsibility ) drop down button .

4 ) DBC file location : Log in apps - > click on "About this page " - > select "Java and sysetm " properties

Location will be displayed eg : DBCFIL : /prodapps/oracle/PROD/inst/apps/R12DEV_xxtapps/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure/R12DEV.dbc

5 ) YES : the personalization can be migrated from one instance to the other instance using Functional administrator .

Keerthi
  • 2. Re: Need answers to some questions
    Sridhar Yerram Newbie
    Hi Kumar,

For the below : Qn :

6.Lets say a PageA has been personalized in Development and UAT environments. Is it possible to merge the personalizations done to same page in two different environments, using Functional Administrator?

Can you let me know what do u meant by merging personalization ?

Regards
    Sridhar

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points