This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 2:31 AM by BorisT. Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    Chely Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi boris, thanks for the reply...

I am new to UCM.can u please tell me how can i access workflow companion file from configuration manager or any ucm interface....
    and what entry i need to put in companion file for counter variable
  • 16. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    BorisT. Newbie
    There is no need to put anything in the companion file as wfSet script does that:

wfSet sets a key with a particular value in the companion file.
    Takes two parameters:
    ■ The first parameter is the key.
    ■ The second parameter is the value.

So, putting <$wfSet("counter","0")$> in the workflow step entry event will write initial variable counter value as 0 to the companion file, when content item enters this workflow step. This companion file is being created for the every workflow content item and is used for storing workflow states. At content item workflow exit, this companion file is being deleted (unless we change that with configuration variable).

Companion files are located at ..\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\your_domain\ucm\cs\data\workflow\states\your_workflow_name\ as hda files (text file).

It's useful to check if scripts are writting expected values. For test, put this to the update event:

<$currentcount=wfGet("counter")$>
    <$currentcount=currentcount +1$>
    <$wfSet("counter", currentcount)$>
    <$time=wfGet("counter")$>
    <$if time like "1|2|3"$>
    <$remainingUsers=wfGet("wfUserQueue")$>
    <$rsMakeFromString("ru", remainingUsers)$>
    <$loop ru$>
    <$wfMailSubject="Desired subject here"$>
    <$wfMessage="Desired message text here."$>
    <$wfNotify(row, "user")$>
    <$endloop$>
    <$endif$>

and after one hour, notification reminders should be sent.

Regards,
    Boris
  • 17. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    Chely Newbie
    In this fix also, m getting reminder every hour even after i have added the condition if time like 1|3, then also i got the 3 notifications.
  • 18. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    BorisT. Newbie
    This could be possible only if idoc script code is somehow cached. Verify that entry and update events carry only above code and that you don't have any other notification code. If everything is OK, then you could try to restart content server.

Regards,
    Boris
  • 19. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    Chely Newbie
    I have checked borise and restarted the server, i have only this code for reminders, but m getting reminders on hourly basis
  • 20. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    BorisT. Newbie
    Well, you should get hourly notifications as condition is <$if time like "1|2|3"$> as this is only for quick testing.
    Replace 1|2|3 with desired number of hours between notifications like <$if time like "24|48|72"$> what will send first notification after 24 hours, second after 48 hours etc.

Regards,
    Boris
  • 21. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    Chely Newbie
    ya i did the same,i put 24,48 like that only, but still it is not working
  • 22. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    Chely Newbie
    I think my counter and currentcount variable is not getting updated properly....

Please tell me how can i print its value in logs....What code i need to put in the update event to print the value of these variables in logs.
  • 23. Re: Timeout notifications on daily basis
    BorisT. Newbie
    Just open, with any text editor, mentioned workflow companion file where you will find written counter value. Corresponding companion file is named by document dDocName and has hda extension but is plain text file.

Regards,
    Boris
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points