6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2013 3:59 AM by SOABie RSS

Data Control refresh when modify XSD

Kronos72it
      Hi, I am developing a BPM application , on my process I have many Human Task that refer to the same XSD. WHen I modify xsd adding a new attribute I am expecting to have a DC refresh just right click+"refresh" on related DC.
      Instead I cannot have a refresh on DC ,even if I clean all projects (BPM + UIs) and rebuilt all...
      many thanks...
        • 1. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
          Sudipto Desmukh
          You will have to manually modify the DataControl or the generated xml files (I'm assuming you are speaking about the same).
          Other option would be to regenerate the taskForms which you may not always want to do !
          • 2. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
            Daniel Atwood
            What seems to work for me when I change an XSD that is used by a human task that is in the Data Controls tab is to:

1) Save all
            2) Click the refresh icon to the right of the "Data Controls" title in the tab
            3) Inside the Data Control tab, right mouse click the specific data control that is based on the human task and the XSD (the one you want to refresh) -> click "Edit Definition" -> click "Refresh Data Control".

You'd need to do this for each data control that uses the modified XSD in their human task.

Hope this helps,
            Dan
            • 3. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
              Kronos72it
              Daniel I have done all 3 steps you have listed ...
              Just to be more detailed , I have one BPM process with 2 Human task, then I made 2 web UI apps, one app for each Human task.
              After I modified the XSD located in the BPM project, saved it and refreshed all 2 DC in each web UI....
              • 4. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
                Daniel Atwood
                Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

The XSD that you edited was in the "XSD" folder under the BPM project's "SOA Content" folder right?

Not sure what is going on if that is the case.
                • 5. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
                  Kronos72it
                  I modified a BO on business catalog and this object is based (automatically by JDEV) on

businessCatalog/<my module>/<my object.xsd>

thanks
                  • 6. Re: Data Control refresh when modify XSD
                    SOABie
                    Just in case anybody else have the this issue. i had the same issue, the links in the dcx file were all fine... then i checked all the files associated with that hunan task (xsd, .task files etc)... in the taskpayload.xsd file there was a warning... i added a variable, removed that variable and added same variable with different name... the .task file was fine however the .xsd file contained both the previous and new entry. Removed that warning and everything worked fine.

Cheers....

Edited by: SOABie on Mar 24, 2013 1:59 AM