6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 3:59 PM by 965938 RSS

How to enable AP to a new ledger

Negalal-Oracle
      Hi,

Cst on SR 3-6428707821 asked,

How to enable the AP module to a newly created ledger?

Creating new instance is defining new ledger. create new responsibilities for other modules (AP, AR, GL, ONT,...) and enable it with this new Ledger
      In GL i know how to create New Ledger (Set Of Book).

Now i need to know how to enable the payable responsibility in the new ledger.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
          Kashif M
          Hi, Please refer http://oracleapps88.blogspot.com/2012/01/creating-responsibility-in-r12.html
          to create new responsiblity for Payales
          thanks
          • 2. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
            Shareef K
            Thanks a lot Kashif for your reply.
            Actually our current new instance have many issues is GL accounts in most of modules (GL, AP, AR, PO, Inventory, FA, CM). So instead of create journals to adjust most of account in all modules or to purge it, we have been advised that is better to create new Ledger (Set of Book) and define new responsibilities the assign to to this new ledger. After that load the opening balances. We can also export the current setup, customer, supplier, items...etc from the current instance to the new one easily. And keep the current forms personalization. So it is the same but you will start with clean accounts.

We are using EBS 12.1.2 for Order to Cash and Procure to Pay cycles, Modules are (GL, AP, AR, PO, Inventory, FA, advance pricing, Landed cost, Cash management).
            11g DB 11.1.0.7.

So if you can help in this and guide us to step by step approach we would be grateful, or at lease some useful straight forward documents...

Thanks in advance.
            Regards

Edited by: 858923 on Nov 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Edited by: 858923 on Nov 26, 2012 9:15 PM
            • 3. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
              Negalal-Oracle
              Hi Kashif,

Thanks for your update, however this is concerned to how to create a new responsibilty which is not the customer question, he is more concerned about how to enable/assign this new responsibility to the newly created Set of Books or new ledger.

Please advice.
              • 4. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
                Hi
                If I understand correcly, you have created a GL within a new instance and also have some sub ledgers enabled (i.e. Payables, etc). What I am not clear on is whether you have created the AP responsibilities or not. If you have, you will need to associate the sub ledger responsibilities with the relevant GL Ledger. With each responsibility that you create, you will need to set the 'GL Ledger Name' profile option within SysAdmin. This will automatically set the profile option of 'GL Ledger ID' with a value. This value is a ledger ID which is unique (called set of books ID in 11i)

If using Oracle Subledgers whose menus contain General Ledger windows that require data access set information, you must assign the appropriate ledger to this profile
                option for each subledger application or responsibility. This profile option controls the ledger that each subledger will use for transaction processing. The ledger assigned to the GL Ledger Name profile option will automatically be assigned to the GL: Data Access Set profile option. You can change the default assignment made to the GL: Data Access Set profile option if you want to access more ledgers in General Ledger. However, any changes made to the GL Ledger Name profile option will automatically be applied to the GL: Data Access Set profile option. You cannot view this profile option at the user level. Your System Administrator can set this profile option at the site, application or responsibility level.

Should your question be related to actually configuring the sub ledger modules you will need to follow all related setup steps for each application assuming you have these licenced.
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/nav/financials.htm

Please mark this as helpful/correct if relevant. I hope this was helpful.

Regards
                Ian
                www.project.eu.com
                • 5. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
                  Shareef K
                  Dear Ian,
                  Thanks.. i think this is what is needed...
                  Another thing, i think there is another profile option to set the organization...?

Regards,
                  S.K
                  • 6. Re: How to enable AP to a new ledger
                    Hi
                    The profile option to set the organisation against each responsibility is MO: Operating Unit for each organisation to ensure data segregation.

Please mark each response as correct/helpful as relevant.