2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 8:55 AM by Kim2012 RSS

How to generate a report with Courrier font and no horizontal lines?

Kim2012
      Hi guys,

In a wizard-generated report, I want to accomplish the following things.

1. Print table data (I'm only printing one column) in a non-proportional font (e.g. Courrier).
      2. Suppress the vertical lines that Apex automatically puts in between each record.

How can these two things be accomplished?

Thanks,
      Kim

P.S. I'm running Apex 4.1.
        • 1. Re: How to generate a report with Courrier font and no horizontal lines?
          fac586
          Kim2012 wrote:
          Hi guys,

In a wizard-generated report, I want to accomplish the following things.

1. Print table data (I'm only printing one column) in a non-proportional font (e.g. Courrier).
          2. Suppress the vertical lines that Apex automatically puts in between each record.

How can these two things be accomplished?

Thanks,
          Kim

P.S. I'm running Apex 4.1.
          Use CSS and possibly a custom report template. (Can't provide a more detailed response as there are insufficient relevant details in the question.)
          • 2. Re: How to generate a report with Courrier font and no horizontal lines?
            Kim2012
            Fair enough. I'll try to be more specific. Assume you're running a query from SQL Developer on a single column from a single table. In the table, the data is already formatted to be displayed using a non-proportional font (old-time religion here). SQL Developer will show the contents of the column formatted exactly like the author intended (non-proportional font and no "helpful" horizontal lines between the rows). That's exactly what I want Apex to do. In the rectangular area that Apex creates for the report contents display, I want Apex to show the rows from that table in a non-proportional font with no horizontal lines between the rows. The report query will be just about as simple as possible (i.e. select col1 from tab1 order by col 2). How should I go about achieving this result?

Thank you so much!