This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 4:09 AM by MikeMatthews RSS

OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.

user228992 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am trying to integrate siebel with OEDQ and test the out of box webservices at the siebel side. But i am facing the below error. Can anyone have faced the same issue. if so pls suggest.

Below are the steps:

1. Installed OEDQ with weblogic server. Able to launch the director and can see all the jobs and able to start all.
2. have also tested the webservices using webservice tester. This is working fine.
3. Integrated with siebel. trying to create a new account with small case and after save it has to convert it to CAPS by triggering the webservice. But i am facing the below error message in main0.log file in <siebsrvr>\dnd\install\logs.

" WARNING: 28-Nov-2012 16:59:38: db3: required parameter db not set
INFO: 28-Nov-2012 16:59:40: datacleanse failsafe fallback after: web service request failed with code 500 (Internal Server Error) (code 234,309)
WARNING: 28-Nov-2012 16:59:41: db3: required parameter db not set "

Below is the OS and OEDQ details.

OEDQ : edq-9_0_5_(770)
CDS : edq-cds-9_0_3_(330)
AV : edq-av-12_3_1_(2197_292)
Siebel Connector :: siebelconnector-9_0_4_(694)
Siebel Version : 8.1.1.5

Thanks,
Vinod.
  • 1. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    Nick Gorman Explorer
    Hi Vinod,

This is an error in your dnd.properties file [Actually a typo in the EDQ-CDS 9.0.3 release] that is causing loading of the batch definitions to fail. Find the following section:

# Prospect Match
    # --------------

db3.type = prospectmatch
    db3.conduit = dbbatch
    db3.failsafe = true

# Database setup

db3.writetable = siebel_prospect_candidates
    db2.db = oracle:${stagingsid}@${staginghost}:${stagingport}/${stagingusername}/${stagingpassword}

... and change "db2.db" to "db3.db" in the line above.

Try this and see if you get a bit further.

regards,
    Nick

Edited by: Nick Gorman on 29-Nov-2012 01:33
  • 2. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    user228992 Newbie
    Hi Nick,

I think the solution is for the warning "WARNING: 28-Nov-2012 16:59:41: db3: required parameter db not set "

But i am not sure whether it is for the Error "datacleanse failsafe fallback after: web service request failed with code 500 (Internal Server Error) (code 234,309)"

Any how testing this meanwhile will update on the result.. But i strongly feel that the above error is different.

FYR ..below are all the parameters specified in my dnd.properties file. Please suggest if any wrong parameters are set.

httpprefix = http://blrkec272653s:9002/dndirector/webservices
    projectname = EDQ-CDS

jmxserver = blrkec272653s:9005

username = dnadmin
    password = dnadmin1234

staginghost = blrkec272653s.ad.infosys.com
    stagingport = 1521
    stagingsid = ORCLBLROEDQ
    stagingusername = director
    stagingpassword = director
    stagingschema = director

One more question i have is how can i test whether the JMX management port is correct? Can you please suggest.

Thanks,
    Vinod.
  • 3. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    Nick Gorman Explorer
    Yes, my apologies, the fix is for the warning only.

The error looks like a WebLogic authentication problem. See the notes below on web service authentication for EDQ:

---

Authentication must be done at the HTTP (transport) level, using BASIC, NEGOTIATE or SSL authentication.

If you are hosting EDQ inside WebLogic there is an additional step needed to set up authentication. WebLogic intercepts the incoming BASIC authentication and checks the user name against its own user database. There are three possible ways to get round this:

1. Create a user in weblogic with the same name and password (fiddly)

2. Edit the domain config.xml and disable this feature in WebLogic

3. Deploy EDQ with the deployment plan we ship which disables this Weblogic feature for the application (preferred)

Details of step 3 are in the EDQ documentation (Advanced Installation Notes).

If you are just testing, you can turn off w/s authentication altogether (for testing) using the following line added to director.properties (you will need to restart the EDQ app server):

webservices.authentication=none

regards,
    Nick
  • 4. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    user228992 Newbie
    Yes Nick,

I have already deployed the dndirector.war with the weblogic plan file in weblogic. It is successful and the admin server in weblogic is up and running.

At least as far related to the advanced installation docs the weblogic part is perfect and we have deployed the dndirector on weblogic port 7001 for http and 7002 for https. We are ablte to launch them with out any issues.

But after all this the communication is not happening from siebel to OEDQ. I am doubting the JMX server port and i am not sure how exactly this works and where exactly i have to pick this?

Thanks,
    Vinod.
  • 5. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    Nick Gorman Explorer
    Hi,

If you've deployed to ports 7001 and 7002 then your httpprefix setting in dnd.properties is wrong - you'll need to modify it accordingly.

httpprefix = http://blrkec272653s:7001/dndirector/webservices

The JMX setting is only used for invoking batch jobs. The default will be port 8090 - have you tried this?

Nick
  • 6. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    user228992 Newbie
    Will try this nick and update.
  • 7. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    user228992 Newbie
    Hi Nick,

I was able to trouble shoot the issue and now able to integrate with siebel. The issue is with the Config folder from OEDQ installation. This folder donot have complete access for all the users and also it was wrongly pointed in the server configuration. I have changed these settigs along with the http prefix to 7001 in dnd.properties file in siebel.

With this the integration is up and working now.

But, Not all the jobs are up now. Only jobs I was able to start are Individual clean, Entity Clean and Address Clean. All the other jobs are erroring out. I have already raised an SR for issues in imorting the CDS package files where processes are missing. They have asked me to select all the functional packs from OEDQ siede and after this, now i am unable to start these jobs. But i have cllosed the SR already. Any suggestions will help.

Here is a sample error message.

An error occured while creating task Entity Match - Real Time : Failed to load process with id 219

Thanks,
    Vinod.
  • 8. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    MikeMatthews Pro
    Hi Vinod,

Here are some things to check:

- Have you installed the CDS extensions correctly? This is done by extracting the provided config.zip file in the CDS distribution over the EDQ config folder?

- Have you run the Initialization job in CDS to prepare all the reference data for matching?

- Which job or jobs are you attempting to run, and which are failing? I assume you are starting the jobs from Server Console?

Also, please check that you are running EDQ on a 64-bit JVM. CDS matching services require a 64-bit JVM and at least 4GB allocated memory to the JVM in order to run correctly. If you installed EDQ using the Windows installer, you will be running a 32-bit JVM, even if your O/S is 64-bit, unless you have adjusted it. Let me know if you need instructions for changing from a 32-bit to a 64-bit JVM and for adjusting heap size (or you can search the support knowledge base).

Regards,

Mike
  • 9. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    user228992 Newbie
    Hi Mike,

To Answer your points.

- Have you installed the CDS extensions correctly? This is done by extracting the provided config.zip file in the CDS distribution over the EDQ config folder?

Ans: YES correctly installed.

- Have you run the Initialization job in CDS to prepare all the reference data for matching?

Ans: Ran the job, but it is erroring our at "Prep Script to Script" for diff languages.

- Which job or jobs are you attempting to run, and which are failing? I assume you are starting the jobs from Server Console?

Ans: I was trying from director itself. Now i am doing it from console.

Also, please check that you are running EDQ on a 64-bit JVM. CDS matching services require a 64-bit JVM and at least 4GB allocated memory to the JVM in order to run correctly. If you installed EDQ using the Windows installer, you will be running a 32-bit JVM, even if your O/S is 64-bit, unless you have adjusted it. Let me know if you need instructions for changing from a 32-bit to a 64-bit JVM and for adjusting heap size (or you can search the support knowledge base).

Ans: How can i check this whether i am running EDQ on a 64-bit JVM ??

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Vinod.
  • 10. Re: OEDQ CDS Integration with Siebel.
    MikeMatthews Pro
    Vinod,

If initialization fails, you won't be able to run the matching jobs.

If you run the Initialization job from the Server Console according to instructions, specifying the edq-cds run profile it should run correctly. If it does not, it is likely because you have not installed the supplied reference data (part of config.zip) properly.

Re. checking the JVM, which operating system and app server are you running on, and how did you install?

Mike

Edited by: MikeMatthews on Nov 30, 2012 4:08 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points