This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 6:56 AM by 971059 RSS

Migrating object security from dev to prod 11.1.2.2

971059 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello

Can anyone confirm how the security is imported for Planning objects using LCM with version 11.1.2.2 please? i believe in previous versions the importsecurity.cmd still had to be used but there is no mention of it in the documentation.

I am using LCM to migrate an app from dev to prod, all imports well until the artifacts are imported when I get errors:

Failed to get roles list for users/groups Some of configured user directories not initialized [EmbeddedWlsLdap]. Verify user directory configuration.

All of my groups exist is HSS and have been provisioned.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

many thanks
Kind Regards
  • 1. Re: Migrating object security from dev to prod 11.1.2.2
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Are you sure you have migrated the Shared Services security as well, there are two elements to security for planning, Shared Services provisioning and Planning access permissions, the Shared Services provisioning should be done before the access permissions.
    Migration of both of these can be done using LCM, if you are import access permissions then importsecurity utility is still availabe in <MIDDLEWARE_HOME>\user_projects\<instancename>\Planning\planning1

The error looks like it is trying to assign users to an external directory that does not exist, maybe it is named different or doesn't actually exist in the target environment.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 2. Re: Migrating object security from dev to prod 11.1.2.2
    971059 Newbie
    Hi John

Thanks for that, yes I did all of that in the correct order, and the groups do exist and are provisioned in the app, all are native and were LCM'd over too.

The users in the groups can log on to the app they are provisioned for but see no objects.

Thanks again

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points