This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 9:51 AM by Kristen G RSS

Oracle Endeca products

974640 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

With ATG 10.1 is it recommended to go with Oracle Endeca Commerce or Oracle Endeca Guided search product? As per documentations the two products have different versions of MDEX engines and different core packages.

MDEX 6.3 seems to be the latest engine with Oracle endeca commerce product when compared to MDEX 6.2.2 which comes with with oracle guided search? which server is recommended?

Any suggestions is really helpful.

-SS
  • 1. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    974640 Newbie
    Also why is that the guided search has MDEX 6.2.2 and not MDEX 6.3? As far as i see its always preferred to use the latest version? what is the difference in the two versions and between Endeca guided search and Endeca commerce products?
  • 2. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    Kristen G Explorer
    Can you clarify what you mean that guided search includes 6.2.2 and not 6.3?

You are correct that the recommendation is to use the latest version (6.3)
  • 3. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    Kristen G Explorer
    PS. Regarding "With ATG 10.1 is it recommended to go with Oracle Endeca Commerce or Oracle Endeca Guided search product? "

Endeca Guided Search is one of the products in the Oracle Endeca Commerce product family. The recommendation is so also include Oracle Endeca Experience Manager when adding Endeca Gudied Search.

Hope that helps.
  • 4. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    974640 Newbie
    As per documentation, Oracle Guided search product comes with MDEX 6.2.2 and Oracle Endeca Commerce 3.1 comes with MDEX 6.3. what is the difference between the two?
  • 5. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    974640 Newbie
    I see Oracle Guided Search also coming as a separate product on the Oracle website. Please refer the URL on Oracle website as below.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28906_01/Common.622/pdf/OracleEndecaGuidedSearchCompatibility.pdf
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35823_01/Common.630/pdf/OracleEndecaCommerceCompatibility.pdf

I do agree Oracle Endeca Commerce has 2 version a) Guided Search and b) Experience manager.

I dont want to make use of experience manager, in that case what do you recommend me to use with ATG 10.1. Which of these products should I use?
  • 6. Re: Oracle Endeca products
    Kristen G Explorer
    With the 3.1 release, the branding/documentation adopted the Endeca Commerce description. Previous releases incorrectly referred to everything as Guided Search. So that guided search document you are referring to is just for the previous version which is why it refers to MDEX 6.2.2 and the newer one refers to MDEX 6.3.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points