This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:13 AM by bigdelboy Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Not yet Received the Result

977251 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I wrote OCJP Exam and at the end of the exam, it said, result will sent to the email with in 30 mins. 3 hours over. Not yet Received anything from Oracle.
What is the procedure to know the result.
  • 1. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    matthew_morris Expert
    The results of your exam will be available within Certview. If you do not already have a Certview account, you should create one, as this is where you can access all of your history about Oracle certifications, view shipping status on certificates, and more.

http://certview.oracle.com
  • 2. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    rxtaylor Newbie
    I had the same issue, no email, waited impatiently for about 2 hours then logged into https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.home

After you log in you can see a link (in red) on the top right hand side of screen with 'See My Exam Results Now' which allows you to download the PDF with the result in
  • 3. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    Roger25 Explorer
    "view shipping status on certificates" ?!
    and what consists this status of? just when it was shipped shipped, the address, and that's all, isn't it?
    At certview home page i see a "Track my certification succes kit" section. Clicking there, links me to the page where can i see all my success kit statuses, and details.
    But how can i track my currently shipped certificate?? (so the last send and which i have not received yet). Why this is not trackable?
  • 4. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    matthew_morris Expert
    and what consists this status of? just when it was shipped shipped, the address, and that's all, isn't it?
    That and whether it is the first, second, third shipment, yes.

Why this is not trackable?
    In the US, Oracle ships via the US Postal Service, which provides tracking for some types of shipment. I don't know if Oracle makes use of it. I've never seen a shipping number, so I doubt it. Once I've passed the test, I don't sweat the piece of paper so likely wouldn't use it even if I had a tracking number. Overseas, they use a different shipper (I'm in the US, so I have no idea who they use... assuming it's only a single vendor). Brandye has said that the overseas shipper doesn't provide tracking. Oracle does not deliver certificates... they simply hand them to a shipping firm to be delivered. Why the overseas shipping firm doesn't provide tracking i cannot say.

Even if they did, it can't always be trusted. In June of this year, I sent several of my books as samples to an instructor in the UK. I was making use of the tracking provided (I won't name the shipper) because a previous shipment to her had taken much longer than I would have expected. I watched their tracking page as the shipment was picked up from my publisher, and then got delivered to customs leaving the US where it stayed for days. After two weeks, it was still there and I figured this must be why the previous delivery took so long. I emailed the recipient to explain the delay. She told me that she'd received the books the prior day. For a couple of months afterward I kept checking the tracking site just for chuckles. So far as I know, that shipment still shows as being in customs.
  • 5. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    967545 Newbie
    I have same problem but I have looked the red link and it works.

Many thanks.
  • 6. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    Roger25 Explorer
    For three of my existing certificates, i have requested a reshipment. I don't know why these shipments are not safe, so when i send something, from location X, i give the pack to that shipper, I expect that pack will be shipped in a resonable time! I've received an answer like "probably the pack was lost".
    Okk, but WHY, WHERE and HOW?! They did not care about the expeditions? Why they are not careful?

Also, I've had 2 certificates which i received in 8 days after passing the exam. How was this possible, just after 8 days?? (and including saturday/sunday, not just working days).

"they simply hand them to a shipping firm to be delivered." -- ok, but as i said, i expect that shipment to be assured, in some way... not just "take this pack and.. go with it!"
    I suggest Oracle changing the shipper (i think for Europe it's DHL Global Mail, which personally i hate it!)
    And, this tracking facility i think it should be provided by default, in case of these important shippers especially. it's a good idea to track permanently every shipment.
  • 7. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    matthew_morris Expert
    i expect that shipment to be assured, in some way... not just "take this pack and.. go with it!"
    How do you propose that Oracle 'assure' that DHL will deliver a package? Should they send an armed OU employee along with every certificate shipped to protect the package and verify it doesn't get mislaid? Possibly they could insure every package. That might (or might not) improve delivery rates. However, insurance dramatically increases shipping costs. When all is said and done -- this is just a piece of paper that has no value in and of itself. Re-sending lost shipments makes more sense so long as the number lost is small enough.

If you read the number of postings on this board about missing certificates, you might think "Gosh, there are a lot of missing certificates." (mind you, cutting out the ones that didn't wait long enough, or had not fulfilled requirements reduces the number significantly). However, when you compare the number of legitimate 'lost' certificates with the number that Oracle sends out each year, the percentage with problems is tiny. Some candidates see the problem multiple times, which suggests to me that there are localized portions of (from what you indicated) DHL's network that have problems. Switching to another shipper will likely simply move the problems elsewhere because no shipper is going to be perfect everywhere.
  • 8. Re: Not yet Received the Result
    Roger25 Explorer
    I can say that in Romania, internally, 90% of the shipper companies are serious and we receive the packs usually in 1 day. I think the same should be in the case of international shipments (seriousness, not that 1 day). "You have the pack, then take care of it and don't mock with it". Someome waits for that pack, maybe they contain something very important.
    Ok, Oracle has nothing to do with this, but probably they can TRY to switch to another shipper (without advertising, every month I'm ordering an Odaban antiperspirant from their official site, they are shipping from UK using Airmail (par avion); I can say that EVERY TIME i have received the pack in 6 days, no more. and no packs lost or something). So, it can be possible. It's all about volition.

"the percentage with problems is tiny." -- recently, the percentage is increasing

Edited by: Roger22 on 30.11.2012 19:34
  • 9. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    bigdelboy Pro
    Getting back to what I believe is the main gist of this thread which is the new way Oracle Certification are going about exam registration and exam results provision via certview:

IMHO Best to read the blog here and view the video: ( Actually it is a little short):

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0786

And another video here .... unsure if this needs to be shaved a little though .....

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/07381

(Was referenced by Brandye @ : {message:id=10714332} )

Edited by: bigdelboy on 01-Dec-2012 04:07 PS: If you are having problems downloading the score report fro certview then try another browser ... i think some browsers may have issues ... notably chrome
  • 10. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Regarding the original question posted - I believe that this has been answered - go to certview.oracle.com and select the See My New Exam Results Now option and you will be able to view your exam results. I believe that some people are not receiving the email due to mail filters.

Regarding the shipping question - this is an ongoing issue that we continue to try to resolve to the best of our ability. We could ship ever shipment with a tracking number but, as was mentioned earlier, this would drastically increase shipping costs - which would increase the cost of certification. For this reason, we have tried to creatively provide candidates with what they need by providing certification verification through CertView and providing a soft copy of the certificate via email when candidates contact the support team that they have not yet received their certificates.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 11. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    user8792751 Newbie
    Hi ,

I have taken the Exam today and its almost 2.5 hours over , But still i dint get the result.

When i click the "See my new exam results" link it opens a new page and show the below message
    You will see your Orace Certification exam results if you have taken any Oracle Certification exam on or after Nov 16th, 2012.
    OK
  • 12. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    Roger25 Explorer
    DHL told me that: "All shipments sent by DHL express are traceable so without a tracking number there is nothing I can do."

I want to know, which method of shipment uses Oracle, to send these success kits? other than Express?
  • 13. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    bigdelboy Pro
    user8792751 wrote:
    Hi ,

I have taken the Exam today and its almost 2.5 hours over , But still i dint get the result.

When i click the "See my new exam results" link it opens a new page and show the below message
    You will see your Orace Certification exam results if you have taken any Oracle Certification exam on or after Nov 16th, 2012.
    OK
    I imagine that it may not (always) be a realtime update and may sometimes take a little while to pass through the systems. A lot of communications like these can get disconnected/delay in the real world as opposed to clean lab testing world.

Have a retry a few hours apart over the next day and:
    (1) Let us know how long it took for it to sort itself out.
    (2) If it is still a problem towards the end of the weekend (no real point before then IMHO) raise a case with oracle : ( I've copied a tracking lick from a recent Brandye post) :: http://bit.ly/KMsuH3

+.... Roger22 ... my viewpoint is this thread is more majorly towards new online procedure changes display exam results and any behaviours related to that .... if you wish to have a discussion about long standing success package kit couriers ... which you have IMHO hijacked threads for on several other occasions please consider to raise your own thread+
  • 14. Re: Not yet Received the Result - New procedures from Oracle
    Roger25 Explorer
    It's too difficult for you to answer that.. or probably you don't know the answer.
    Just for that question no, i will not raise a new topic
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points