4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 12:27 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

11.2.0.3 db upgrade - adbldxml.pl xml file has "allprod" as NULL

user13076519
      We are doing a new implementation of Oracle EBS . So installed 12.1.1 with 11g R1 through rapid wiz and then did the 12.1.3 apps upgrade followed by the final database 11.2.0.3 upgrade. It is non-RAC database. So straightforward.

Notes followed for 11.2.0.3 database upgrade

a) Oracle 11g upgrade - 1058763.1
      b) Autoconfig on db tier - 387859.1 for the appsutil directory on the new 11.2.0.3 oracle home after the upgrade

When i ran the adbldxml.pl after the 11.2.0.3 upgrade to generate the new context file, suprisingly it sets "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL also "dbtype" is showing as VISION. The original xml file (11g R1 home) prior to the 11.2.0.3 upgrade is filled with the RIGHT values for the "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags. Also the "dbtype" is PROD.

I have started the apps after the 11.2.0.3 upgrade and The Oracle Applications Manager => License Manager is still showing all our products and country specific functionalities that i have chosen initially INTACT. (Financials, Service contracts etc.)

But the concern is if i run the adautocfg.sh on the database tier with the new xml file (that contains "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL), will it update the database tables somewhere and disable all the products in License Manager ?

From where does the adbldxml.pl is setting "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL , whereas the The Oracle Applications Manager => License Manager is still showing all our products and country specific functionalities that i have chosen initially INTACT

-Thanks
        • 1. Re: 11.2.0.3 db upgrade - adbldxml.pl xml file has "allprod" as NULL
          user13076519
          Can someone help how to set the full env before running the adbldxml.pl on the NEW 11.2.0.3 ORACLE HOME - I just set the basic Oracle env such as ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ORACLE_SID, PERL5LIB,PATH, ORA_NLS etc.

The reason is in the original 11.1.0 oracle home created by rapid install, it creates the DBNAME_servername.env file automatically. How do you get this created in the new 11.2.0.3 RDBMS ORACLE HOME ?

-Srini
          • 2. Re: 11.2.0.3 db upgrade - adbldxml.pl xml file has "allprod" as NULL
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            After the upgrade, have you run "perl $AD_TOP/bin/admkappsutil.pl" on the applications tier, copied the appsutil.zip file to the 11gR2 HOME and unzipped it - before attempting to run adbldxml.pl ? This will ensure that the correct values for "allprod" etc are populated.

For your second question, pl see this MOS Doc

How To Get The Proper Environment Set To Run Adbldxml.pl When Upgrading To 11g/11gR2? [ID 1310854.1]

HTH
            Srini
            • 3. Re: 11.2.0.3 db upgrade - adbldxml.pl xml file has "allprod" as NULL
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              When i ran the adbldxml.pl after the 11.2.0.3 upgrade to generate the new context file, suprisingly it sets "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL also "dbtype" is showing as VISION. The original xml file (11g R1 home) prior to the 11.2.0.3 upgrade is filled with the RIGHT values for the "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags. Also the "dbtype" is PROD.
              I cannot find those context variables in the database context file. Could you please post them (context variables along with values) from your context file here?
              I have started the apps after the 11.2.0.3 upgrade and The Oracle Applications Manager => License Manager is still showing all our products and country specific functionalities that i have chosen initially INTACT. (Financials, Service contracts etc.)

But the concern is if i run the adautocfg.sh on the database tier with the new xml file (that contains "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL), will it update the database tables somewhere and disable all the products in License Manager ?
              It will not.
              From where does the adbldxml.pl is setting "allprod" and "allshareprod" and "allterr" tags as NULL , whereas the The Oracle Applications Manager => License Manager is still showing all our products and country specific functionalities that i have chosen initially INTACT
              Again, please elaborate more about those tags.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: 11.2.0.3 db upgrade - adbldxml.pl xml file has "allprod" as NULL
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                user13076519 wrote:
                Can someone help how to set the full env before running the adbldxml.pl on the NEW 11.2.0.3 ORACLE HOME - I just set the basic Oracle env such as ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ORACLE_SID, PERL5LIB,PATH, ORA_NLS etc.
                This should be enough and once you run AutoConfig it will create the env file for you that you will need to source next time.
                The reason is in the original 11.1.0 oracle home created by rapid install, it creates the DBNAME_servername.env file automatically. How do you get this created in the new 11.2.0.3 RDBMS ORACLE HOME ?

-Srini
                By AutoConfig. Please note that you also need to follow the steps in (How To Recreate the <RDBMS ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil/scripts/<CONTEXT_NAME> directory [ID 377495.1]).

Thanks,
                Hussein